Youtube Live--Ready in 24 hours??

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
Robert_Fry

Youtube Live--Ready in 24 hours??

Post by Robert_Fry »

Good Afternoon,

A few days ago I tried to "go live" on youtube with my account tied to my Gmail. It had me verify my identity with an SMS code before I could go further, then informed me "Ready in 24 hours
It takes 24 hours to activate your account for live streaming. Once activated, you can go live instantly."
It's been 3 days since, and I still haven't got past this. At first, I tried to cut them some slack since it was the weekend when I tried to verify my account, but it's now Wednesday, and I'm wondering if anyone else ran into an issue like this, or if there's a YouTube support link I can follow to get in contact with someone?

Thanks for your help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Youtube Live--Ready in 24 hours??

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't dealt with YouTube, but make sure you're not trying to stream from a phone using their app. You have to have 1,000 subscribers to do that.

You either have to use a laptop on their web page, or another app to feed YouTube from a phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
redfire1539

Post by redfire1539 »

I had the same issue. They finally approved my account for live streaming today. It only took them 2 weeks...

Also, you can get around the mobile streaming limitations if you use another app to do the streaming instead of the YouTube app. I just tried it with Streamlabs and it worked from my phone.
johnv

Post by johnv »

The Larix Broadcast app will allow you to stream to youtube live from your phone, that is once your 24 hours has past and you are allowed to "Go Live".

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”