"Member Tools Services are not available. Please try again later"

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
tico322

"Member Tools Services are not available. Please try again later"

Post by tico322 »

After I was forced to change my username and password, my credentials were accepted, but as updates started to run, I got the subject line message...Have gotten that for the past week...I was just set apart as the 2nd counselor to the Elders' Quorum, but have not yet been released as the Sunday School President in the 2nd ward of the Oak Harbor Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Oak Harbor, Washington...
MarciaKay333

Re: "Member Tools Services are not available. Please try again later"

Post by MarciaKay333 »

I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix for this?
koreykenison

Post by koreykenison »

My wife's phone has been having this issue for the last several months. I was somehow able to fix it by going to the settings in the top left hand corner and selecting "Refresh Data" It is the option that comes with the note: "Refreshes the data for you entire stake, WARNING, this could be a lot of data and take several minutes."
This triggered a notification on her phone telling her to sign in. When we selected the notification it took us to a login screen. When she put in her login info it signed her in after a minute or two.

Hopefully, it works for you too.
joncurtisjessop

Post by joncurtisjessop »

My wife is using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and hasn't been able to acces Tools for several weeks. I have deleted and downloaded Tools and still get the same message: "Member tools services are unavailable. Please try again later."
kentseamons

Post by kentseamons »

I am also experiencing this same problem. Reinstalling and selecting Data Refresh does not fix the problem.
emariestirk

Post by emariestirk »

Same issue. I haven't been able to use Member Tools at all.
Jomamaboss

Post by Jomamaboss »

I’m having the same issue. It started when my account tried to sync. It would stop at about 25% and tell me Member tool services are not available. Try again later. When I clicked okay it would kick me out. I’d sign back in and it would take me right back to the Update screen again with no way to get out of it. I’ve deleted the app twice and re-downloaded, but that did not help. Currently, I can’t access anything in the Tools app.
linchriste

Post by linchriste »

We've been having this problem with all our devices and accounts for months. Both Android and iOS. Sometimes we just get a spinning wheel of death, sometimes, like today, it tries to update and fails partway through. That's even happening on the web page using a computer today.
hallscottd

Post by hallscottd »

I've had this problem on my Galaxy Note 9 for 2weeks.my wife has the same model and update level with no problems. I've tried reinstalling, deleting the cache, deleting all data, and clearing the cache partition. No success. Any other suggestions?
SGGunderson

Post by SGGunderson »

Same issue for me with iOS 14.2. I signed out because the app wasn’t synching correctly. Now I get the same updating spinning wheel which kicks me back to the sign-in page after about 20%.

Return to “Member Tools”