Church Webcast - Weekly Recurring Event & Other Updates

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church Webcast - Weekly Recurring Event & Other Updates

Post by russellhltn »

I've noticed that editing an event can change it's links. So, it's possible that when you change the event for the new year, it's possible it will break the static upload link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Inkbolt

Post by Inkbolt »

I think I almost understand.
simply re-stating for clarification...

The address will not change
thus, the link will not need to be resent each week (because it is the same).

awesome improvement, if that is what happened.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Inkbolt wrote:The address will not change
thus, the link will not need to be resent each week (because it is the same).
The only thing that changed is that the event now can be recurring.

The upload link (for the encoder, OBS, Larix) to originate the webcast still changes each week. They are working on implementing a constant upload link, but that is not yet in place. The goal is to have it happen by the end of November.

The download link is the same for viewers. They go to the stake webcast page and select the meeting they wish to view. The list of stake meetings is the same each week, and has been so for quite some time.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

bradpeterson@gmail.com wrote:
bradpeterson@gmail.com wrote:How do recurring events handle attendance?
I found out my own answer. They don't handle attendance at all. The recurring event stays "up top" and nothing moves to the "completed events". That attendance info with names is vital to our bishoprics.

For this reason, recurring events are a no-go for us.
I ran another test tonight. It is working, recurring events do show up in the complete events in the bottom.

Also, they spelled recurring wrong. The webcast says "reccurring". :)
rbusadre

Post by rbusadre »

I was wondering if we could download the Webcast after it's finished. It has a replay, but it prompts that the footage is only available for 24 hours... Are there any ways we can download the video? Thanks!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

ljbusadre wrote:I was wondering if we could download the Webcast after it's finished.
The short answer is, no. The First Presidency has asked that we not record these meetings. The 24 hour playback is only available to those with access to the Event Codes from the Meetinghouse Webcast dashboard (STS, ATS, etc.) for quality purposes only. For example, on Sunday I received several feedback reports of very low audio in one worship service meeting. As STS, I was able to play it back and verify how bad the problem was.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:For example, on Sunday I received several feedback reports of very low audio in one worship service meeting. As STS, I was able to play it back and verify how bad the problem was.
Our stake conference this past Sunday was playable after the event, but lately the sacrament meetings could not. Even with the event code.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:...but lately the sacrament meetings could not. Even with the event code.
Strange. I had no problem Sunday afternoon/evening playing back events with the code. I wonder if they tightened up on the allowable time frame for playback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Strange. I had no problem Sunday afternoon/evening playing back events with the code. I wonder if they tightened up on the allowable time frame for playback.
All I know is that the recording no longer worked for me for same-day viewing to troubleshoot a reported issue. I'd verify your events have the presiding leader as "bishopric" and the event is "Ward sacrament meeting". If either of those are off, that might explain it.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:I'd verify your events have the presiding leader as "bishopric" and the event is "Ward sacrament meeting". If either of those are off, that might explain it.
Yep, they're correct. Haven't changed them since turning on recurring events. I'll see what happens this coming Sunday.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”