Problems with scheduled meetings in webcast app

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
hadleyj819

Problems with scheduled meetings in webcast app

Post by hadleyj819 »

Anybody else having problems with scheduled webcasts? Today we had where two of our scheduled meetings were showing the same meeting, even though we selected the right meeting from the link that shows all of the scheduled events on our page. The only way we were to fix it was to schedule another meeting. Not ideal. Have had this problem two weeks in a row now.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Problems with scheduled meetings in webcast app

Post by Mikerowaved »

All but one ward in our stake has been using Meetinghouse Webcast the last 4-5 weeks and haven't seen that before. Sounds like a server-side glitch to me.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hadleyj819

Post by hadleyj819 »

That's what it sounds like to me too, but I need to know if this is a bug that they should know about or if I should just chalk it up to "It might happen once in a while". We've used webcast every week for the past 8 weeks with no problems until the last two. It was only when I started using the "recurring meeting" switch that I started having this problem. I'm going to go back to setting up each meeting individually rather than using the recurring meeting switch just to avoid having this happen again in the future. It stinks when you have to give up a great feature because of a possible bug.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

We've used the recurring meetings for the past few weeks and haven't had any problems.
hadleyj819

Post by hadleyj819 »

Ryan,
Do you have any suggestions as to what to do with this situation? In two instances, I have had where someone clicks their wards sacrament meeting link and it takes them to another wards broadcast. Then the ward whose meeting redirects, the broadcast will not work. Even on the broadcasting end. It says "Unknown server error" and will not broadcast. Even if it could broadcast, the ward members wouldn't be able to view it because the meetings "view" link is corrupt and there's nothing to do to fix it except create a new meeting. The problem with that solution is twofold - First, the members are going to the first link. Second, it takes 30 minutes to create a new broadcast meeting and the sacrament meeting is in progress when that happens.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If I understand you correctly, this only happens if you have two reoccurring meetings with the same start time, correct?

By chance, are both set up for the same building or the same encoder?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

hadleyj819 wrote:In two instances, I have had where someone clicks their wards sacrament meeting link and it takes them to another wards broadcast.
Is there any possibility the webcasting device installed the wrong RTMP credentials for that ward? That would cause the viewing link to display the wrong meeting.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”