Download statistics after a webcast

Virtual visits, Multi-Stake conferences, Priesthood Leadership Conferences, Church Leadership Conferences
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Download statistics after a webcast

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Even better, our conference ended this morning, and the attendance count is still going up!
Presumably those additions are showing as "post event".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Presumably those additions are showing as "post event".
Nope. I think they should show when they happen, don't you? We got another 3% bump in stake conference attendance overnight. And some of our recent sacrament meetings are up, as well. Should I tell the ward clerks?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's strange.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rl_albright

Post by rl_albright »

Mikerowaved wrote:Probably moot anyway now that we've been asked to move to other platforms.
This is not moot, the existing platform is still widely used for stake conferences as designed, the historical report is useless without a TON of time to process that data. The API (which access appears to have been shut off) provided the data in a format that was at least useful.

Just had a stake conference today, and the historical report wasn't helpful at all to the stake clerk. *frustrated*
jnpetersen

Post by jnpetersen »

I was just going to use the script I wrote to grab the data from a recent meeting using the webcast platform and my error states "Authorization has been denied for this request." I guess they may have picked up on us using it :D
rl_albright wrote:
Mikerowaved wrote:Probably moot anyway now that we've been asked to move to other platforms.
This is not moot, the existing platform is still widely used for stake conferences as designed, the historical report is useless without a TON of time to process that data. The API (which access appears to have been shut off) provided the data in a format that was at least useful.

Just had a stake conference today, and the historical report wasn't helpful at all to the stake clerk. *frustrated*
jnpetersen

Post by jnpetersen »

I did however find a way to use it again, but only by logging in, viewing the network traffic to find the key I need, then placing it in my script... extra work, but it makes the data so much easier to use.
garnsb

Post by garnsb »

I do the same! I've actually added logic to remove duplicates unless they start with "Anonymous".

Our chapels all have literal push-button solutions that stream sacrament meeting to repeat scheduled Meetinghouse webcast events. Bishoprics arrive, push "on", and the stream starts going when the event ends the pre-buffer process. Then, they push "off" when they're done. So much easier than Zoom...and running a quick script with each ward's respective clerk's email address configured makes for very fast report generation, filtering, and delivery.

Benefits outweigh Zoom in many aspects in my opinion...like not depending on someone's device each week, which can be a real pain when the designated person or persons aren't in attendance for whatever reason.
mantigliozk

Post by mantigliozk »

We also face the same sitiuation This is needed as the current analytics page is useless for Ward Sacrament meeting or Stake Conference reporting. It was designed for building-to-building broadcasts, not for building-to dozens of people.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mantigliozk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:38 am We also face the same sitiuation This is needed as the current analytics page is useless for Ward Sacrament meeting or Stake Conference reporting. It was designed for building-to-building broadcasts, not for building-to dozens of people.
Given that the church webcast system is being shut down in two months, I wouldn't expect any kind of fix.

simph1

Post by simph1 »

I have built a custom website that records the peoples names, how many watching on the device and when and for what meeting type. Sacrament, Baptisms etc, I even programmed a form for the sacrament program etc, so our historian can have it for posterity. If anyone is interested in such a system let me know, it works great for our stake. I am a former missionary php programmer for lds tech. The YouTube link is put into the website, and obs creates the stream. Then there is stake and ward clerk reports built into the site.

Return to “Stake Conference with Remote Participants”