Single email address for multiple virtual meeting accounts

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
kidder

Re: Single email address for multiple virtual meeting accounts

Post by kidder »

I dont know where to go for help? I put the wrong email address and need to change it on one account.
jorgito2012

Post by jorgito2012 »

how to created or how to set up specific +email, can be done by a normal gmail email or have to be in Gsuit account
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jorgito2012 wrote:how to created or how to set up specific +email, can be done by a normal gmail email or have to be in Gsuit account
It can be done with any GMail account. Even existing ones.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bretsorensen

Post by bretsorensen »

I was able to successfully setup accounts for the Stake and for all of the wards and branches using the Google task specific email address. Once I understood how to create a task specific email address, it was very straight forward to go through the registration process.

I also kept a spread sheet of each task specific email address I created, with the Zoom passwords that I created. In creating the passwords, I used information that should make sense to the leaders of each unit, but without doing so in such a way that the other units could guess the passwords. The spreadsheet is also easy to keep track of other information about the Zoom accounts.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

bretsorensen wrote:I also kept a spread sheet of each task specific email address I created, with the Zoom passwords that I created.
Glad it worked for you. I also kept all the account info and passwords in a spreadsheet. :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hjohnson96793

Error Message

Post by hjohnson96793 »

I am receiving this error message when requesting a zoom license. It doesn’t matter what email address is used.

Sorry, at this time Zoom will not allow the Church to transfer the email address provided (xxxxx@gmail.com). Please activate with a different email address.

How do I bypass this error message? Do I need to have a church email? Ex: xxx@churchofjesuschrist.org
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error Message

Post by russellhltn »

hjohnson96793 wrote:I am receiving this error message when requesting a zoom license. It doesn’t matter what email address is used.
Is there already a Zoom account associated with that email?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

bretbassett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bretbassett »

We see this message regularly with emails being transferred that are associated with existing accounts, especially existing paid accounts. Most of the time we can get around this by manually activating the email address. So, anyone who gets this message can:

1. Try activating a different email address.
2. Submit a request for the email to be manually transferred. We setup a Microsoft Form survey where this can be done. Click here to access it: https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0
yorgesend

Post by yorgesend »

I've been reading through this thread and it jumps around a lot. Is there anyone, currently working for the Church and who has some authority over the Zoom Licensing, that has built a complete walkthrough for this?

My current issue is that who gets the assigned Zoom license is the Host and that cannot be shared with another unless the other user is also licensed. You can assign Co-Hosts but they don't get all of the privileges of the Host (enabling Breakout Rooms and assigning people to rooms). Is there a solution for this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

yorgesend wrote:My current issue is that who gets the assigned Zoom license is the Host and that cannot be shared with another unless the other user is also licensed.
While it's normally against Zoom's terms of service to share a login, the church has negotiated to allow that. However having two people logged in using the account can create problems.

What others have done successfully is passing along the Host Key to others. The meeting is set up under the unit's account. The meeting will have to be set up to allow people to join before the host. Then the leader can join and use the Host Key to get host privileges.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”