Single email address for multiple virtual meeting accounts

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Single email address for multiple virtual meeting accounts

Post by lajackson »

4snelson wrote:So I assume we are creating seperate passwords for each account?
If you are creating Zoom accounts for each unit, they must each have a different email address.
tbingh

Post by tbingh »

This is the question that I have. I can see how the task-specific email addresses can be used (and it does work, I've tested with my gmail account) but what I'm unsure of is how that impacts the creation of the Zoom account for each ward. Must each ward then use the task-specific email address to log into Zoom and if so, is the password on each Zoom account then the same or can they all be individualized without affecting the others?

I'm concerned about keeping each of the Zoom accounts separated but all working through the same email address.
bweight

Post by bweight »

So this sounds cool.

I did it using an existing gmail account and added +stake at the end for the stake account. Worked great.

Then I tried doing it with +16 at the end for our 16th ward. It created it in the meet.churchofjesuschrist.org portal, but I never got the emails with the confirmation link. Checked the spam filter, nothing. Tried another one using +4th thinking it couldn't just be numeric. Same thing.

I sent test emails to both addresses and received those fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Meeting setup site stopped sending activation emails late this afternoon. I set up several this afternoon just fine, and numbers work well in the + part of the address. But I am still waiting for the last two activation emails to arrive, so I stopped setting up accounts at that point.

Perhaps the server went home with the staff at the end of the work day today. Or maybe the emails will show up after Family Home Evening. [grin]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tbingh wrote:I can see how the task-specific email addresses can be used . . . but what I'm unsure of is how that impacts the creation of the Zoom account for each ward. Must each ward then use the task-specific email address to log into Zoom and if so, is the password on each Zoom account then the same or can they all be individualized without affecting the others?
The unit uses the task specific email address to access the account. But when you create the Zoom account you enter a password specific to that Zoom account and they can all be different. So the unit will know the password you assign to their Zoom account, but they will not know the password to the actual email account you are using.
snlutz

Post by snlutz »

I did as suggested above and created ward accounts as +ward emails to the stake one, and it worked for the first 3. It now seems to be broken or clogged up or something - when I added the next 3 wards, I didn't get the email to the google account. I've retried a couple of times with no success. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

snlutz wrote:I did as suggested above and created ward accounts as +ward emails to the stake one, and it worked for the first 3. It now seems to be broken or clogged up or something - when I added the next 3 wards, I didn't get the email to the google account. I've retried a couple of times with no success. Any ideas?
Someone reported the system stopped creating new account. Try back later.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

snlutz wrote:I didn't get the email to the google account.
Two posts before yours. The system broke late this afternoon.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Just a few minutes ago I tried to start the setup process for two units at the Meeting website. I got one activation email, but the second one has not arrived.
bweight

Post by bweight »

Is this still broken for everyone else? Any word on a fix? I'm not getting any activation emails. Would also be nice to see a Resend email button so we don't have to Remove the account and try again.

Anyone know if anyone involved in the project is monitoring these messages?

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”