Single email address for multiple virtual meeting accounts

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
swigginton

Re: Single email address for multiple virtual meeting accounts

Post by swigginton »

I'm seeing a similar problem as mentioned by others. I provisioned 7 licenses, but only 3 of them received the activation emails. It was not the first 3 that I provisioned. It was the first 2 and the 5th one. Should I remove the license and re-provision those that didn't receive the email, just wait for xx hours or ??? I don't see a way to re-send the activation email.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

swigginton wrote:I'm seeing a similar problem as mentioned by others. I provisioned 7 licenses, but only 3 of them received the activation emails. It was not the first 3 that I provisioned. It was the first 2 and the 5th one. Should I remove the license and re-provision those that didn't receive the email, just wait for xx hours or ??? I don't see a way to re-send the activation email.
I decided to try removing the license and re-provisioning one of the wards that didn't receive the activation email. The email was sent and everything worked fine, so I removed and re-provisioned the others. All worked, so that appears to be a way to resolve the missing activation email issue.
trytting

Post by trytting »

What is the best practice for managing the emails? I get the email regarding a ward sub-account, then I auto forward it to the Asst Stake Tech Spec. assigned to that ward? I assume that no one can SEND any email with the +ward sub account except for the primary account holder? Any tricks on how you manage that and communication with the wards? for example, reminders of upcoming scheduled meetings, etc. from zoom. I don't think I want to deal with that level of traffic.....
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

swigginton wrote:I provisioned 7 licenses, but only 3 of them received the activation emails.

I decided to try removing the license and re-provisioning one of the wards that didn't receive the activation email. The email was sent and everything worked fine, . . .
This worked for me for some of the units. I got every third activation email today. And when I tried to remove and reprovision, is only worked every other time. Some will not remove and I still have several units locked out.

I sent feedback through the site, but have not heard anything back yet. I also had half of my regular email sends to Gmail addresses fail today as I was trying to notify bishops and clerks. I wonder if Google may be part of the problem right now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: I wonder if Google may be part of the problem right now.
Google has certainly had some outages on Tuesday. I'm not sure if they've all been cleared up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lg12mercado

Post by lg12mercado »

I am new in this calling and have very limited technical knowledge. I already created my google account as per the latest notice dated December 11 but when i login to zoom using the same email account my zoom account is still the free one with 40 minutes limit. I need help to figure out so we can use this new access to our next sacrament meeting.
Please give me your input
bweight

Post by bweight »

Seems to be working better today for new accounts/units that I haven't tried yet.

I'm still having problems with wards that failed to send emails previously. I delete them and retry and still don't get an email. In some cases it won't let me delete them.

Anyone seeing any tricks to resolve the broken ones?
mbrown87

Post by mbrown87 »

Has anyone else had any luck with transferring a local unit Zoom account to a Church account? In order to keep track of all of them using the same Gmail account, I had changed the email for one of our units to one with the task specific email. It keeps telling me that it cannot create the Zoom account. I feel it might be because the email is already being used? If anyone has done this successfully, please do let me know as I would love to find out how.

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bweight wrote:Anyone seeing any tricks to resolve the broken ones?
Not yet I found that you have to wait a short time (10-15 minutes? I did not time it) before you can remove an account for which you did not receive an activation email. Some of them worked the next time when I tried to activate them again. But I still have one that will not generate the email no matter how many times I have tried.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mbrown87 wrote:Has anyone else had any luck with transferring a local unit Zoom account to a Church account?
Check this post for a possible solution.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”