Church provides a new Zoom Account to local units

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
torriem

Re: Church provides a new Zoom Account to local units

Post by torriem »

One unit reported to me that a feature normally available in paid accounts is not accessible in their Church zoom account and the page says to contact their Zoom account administrator to enable it. Who is the administrator? Any way to enable this? Has to do with scheduling using a third party scheduler.
cunhaka

Post by cunhaka »

If our stake does not have a STS called, only ATS’s, is there someone who would have the ability to set up the accounts or do they need to call a STS to do it?
ernieburnthorn

Post by ernieburnthorn »

How do we get the Stake and Ward Zoom accounts set up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cunhaka wrote:If our stake does not have a STS called, only ATS’s, is there someone who would have the ability to set up the accounts or do they need to call a STS to do it?
Another post indicated the stake clerk in a stake without a STS was able to do that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Another post indicated the stake clerk in a stake without a STS was able to do that.
There was talk of adding the stake clerk to the access list. It appears that this has happened, but I have not seen it announced.
haleybodhaine

Post by haleybodhaine »

This was very helpful! Thanks @Mikerowaved (also I just read your name outloud and chuckled to myself)
ernieburnthorn

Post by ernieburnthorn »

Zoom will not allow church to transfer the email address.
Maelikai

Post by Maelikai »

We have the same issue with the error message, "Sorry, at this time Zoom will not allow the Church to transfer the email address provided, please activate with a different email address."

Any help is appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Maelikai wrote:We have the same issue with the error message, "Sorry, at this time Zoom will not allow the Church to transfer the email address provided, please activate with a different email address."

Any help is appreciated.
Rather than trying to change over and existing license, I'd suggest attaching it to a new email. You may want to choose a email that will be a little more "permanent" and will be passed along as the callings change rather than an email belonging to an individual. I say that because there currently doesn't seem to be an approved process for moving the account to a new email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

Easy enough to make a unit specific email address, like "unit1234567@gmail.com". Looking at some of the older unit profiles, the church did something similar, except "@ldsmail.org".

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”