Church provides a new Zoom Account to local units

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Church provides a new Zoom Account to local units

Post by lajackson »

wong04530 wrote:I am in the system as an STS and Stk Exec Secretary - I can't remember did you say there is a glitch when multiple stake callings?
There still seems to be a glitch with multiple callings, but it works just fine for some. Also, verify that you are actually an Assistant Stake Clerk -- Technology. It needs to be that specific calling.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

I requested a license for our stake using my personal email address. The procedure transferred my personal Zoom account to the Church account. This is not what I wanted, so then I tried to reverse the process by disassociating my personal Zoom account from the Church account. However, this process left the stake account stuck in Limbo. At https://meet.churchofjesuschrist.org/home/zoomenroll, our stake account is listed in the right-hand panel with the message:

Setup Not Complete
An email was sent to <my email address> with instructions on how to complete the license setup.

Note that I had already received that email and completed the license setup, then later reverted my personal Zoom account to its original state (disassociated it from the stake account), so this error message is not correct.

I want to reset the stake account and start over, assigning the account to a different email address. However, clicking on the red "Remove" button gives this error message:

Error: Cannot Remove the new Zoom Account. Please try again later.

So now, I'm stuck. How do I go about getting our stake license reset so that we can go through the license-request procedure again? I have submitted a request through the Feedback link on the https://meet.churchofjesuschrist.org/home/zoomenroll webpage a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard anything.

By the way, anyone else notice that on the https://meet.churchofjesuschrist.org/home/zoomenroll webpage, the "Request License" button used to read, "Request Lice"? They seem to have fixed that. :D
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ulupoi wrote:I have submitted a request through the Feedback link on the . . . webpage a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard anything.
I am in line in front of you by a day and have not yet heard anything. Perhaps they were delousing. [grin]
I do not believe there is any other option at this point than just to wait, unfortunately.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

lajackson wrote: Perhaps they were delousing. [grin]
That's got to be it. Oh, wait, does that mean I'm a louse? I seem to have loused up the Church Zoom account transfer system, so maybe.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

We have been working with Zoom to resolve the "Cannot create a new Zoom account" error. We were informed by Zoom that they will block the transfer of licenses associated accounts that have "unresolved issues". An example they provided was a stake that signed up for a Zoom Business account with 10 users. In this scenario the primary "owner email" can't be transferred to the Church until all other "users" are disabled or removed. They didn't provide any other specific examples of unresolved issues unfortunately. I'm sure this example will apply to some getting the error message but not all.

I created a post with the information we've received but it doesn't have a lot more than this in it - viewtopic.php?f=146&t=38125.

The main thing is anyone getting this message will need to contact Zoom to figure out why their account cannot be transferred to the Church.
jay.kyle

Post by jay.kyle »

Are the Toll Free numbers available with the Church provided Zoom account? We live in Canada, and we had one sister who dialed into a Relief Society meeting to the Zoom phone number on our locally purchased account - and it cost her $3 for the call - she hasn't called in since. And there are a few other folks in the same boat.

Thanks
wong04530

Post by wong04530 »

lajackson wrote:
wong04530 wrote:I am in the system as an STS and Stk Exec Secretary - I can't remember did you say there is a glitch when multiple stake callings?
There still seems to be a glitch with multiple callings, but it works just fine for some. Also, verify that you are actually an Assistant Stake Clerk -- Technology. It needs to be that specific calling.
Yes I have checked to make sure that I am the Asst Stake Clerk-technology. Is there a fix or is it just a wait game
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wong04530 wrote:Yes I have checked to make sure that I am the Asst Stake Clerk-technology. Is there a fix or is it just a wait game
Assuming it was entered as a standard position (not a custom position), I don't think there's anything more that can be done at the unit end. So, either way, it's a wait game.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wong04530 wrote:Is there a fix or is it just a wait game
The site was down this evening and has just come back up. It may be worth a shot. Otherwise, no one here can fix it.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

In reference to my post at 4:51pm today:

I received a follow up call from Zoom on this just now. They are looking at other options to facilitate these in a different manner. Hold off on the mass calls or emails to Zoom for another 24 hours as they look at other resolutions. I'll update the end of day tomorrow.

If you need to make the switch immediately, the only option is to use a different email address. That means if you have a paid account you'd need to cancel it as noted above.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”