signing in

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rleishm

signing in

Post by rleishm »

Hello,
I am the membership clerk in Riverton 9th Ward, Riverton Utah South Stake. We have a member who was able to sign into her churchofjesuschrist.org account as recently as six weeks ago. Now she cannot log in, and when she follows the 'help signing in' link she gets no text or email message with a link to update her password. She mainatins that she has been using the same ID and password for several years and her email address and cell phone number have not changed in 11 years. She has also waited more than 30 minutes to see if the intruder lock-out has been activated.

How do we find out what is keeping her from getting into the system and/or how to reset her account?

Thank you for your time.
Bob Leishman
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: signing in

Post by russellhltn »

First off, I'd suggest she try "incognito mode". If that works, then she needs to clear the cookies for church websites. I've seen a number of odd things with church web pages that clear up when the cookies are deleted.

Second, what is she logging into? It's possible she never associated her MRN with her account. The system would still have allowed her to use the non-member areas (like scriptures) but not "member" areas like the ward directory.

Lastly, if she still needs support, look up the number for GSD and pass that along to her. They won't work though an intermediary, only with the actual member having the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rleishm

Post by rleishm »

She ahs been a member and using the system in her callings all along. Clearing Cookies did not work and niether of us are familiar with the 'incognito mode'. So I'll try to find the GSD number and give that to her--I'm new at this calling and still finding out where things are.
Thank you for your quick response.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rleishm wrote:niether of us are familiar with the 'incognito mode'.
If you're using Chrome, click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Select "New incognito window".
If you're using Brave or Firefox, click on the three lines in the upper right corner. Select "New Private Window".
If using the new Edge, click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Select "New InPrivate window".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rleishm

Post by rleishm »

I've passed that information on and given her the GSD number.
Thank you for your patience and for your help.
luckbeme

Post by luckbeme »

Something similar has happened to a member and we cannot make anything work. She just can't get in. Does anyone know if there is somewhere else to go for help?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

luckbeme wrote:Does anyone know if there is somewhere else to go for help?
The next step after the ward and stake clerks is the Global Services Department.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There is now a help form on the Church Account web site. To get there:

Return to “Church Account”