Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
blythgoe
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:51 am

Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#1

Post by blythgoe »

On Dec. 11, a notice from the church was sent out indicating that each Stake, Ward, branch etc.., could get a Zoom license from the church.

The instructions in this notice direct the Stake Technology Specialist:
How do I sign up for a Zoom license?
Stake, mission, or district technology specialists can acquire licenses for their units at
meet.ChurchofJesusChrist.org. In order to access this website, the technology specialist’s
calling must be recorded in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR).
I was able to access that sight, however, all I ended up doing was signing up for a google account that is 'myname@meet.churchofjesuschrist.org'
The 'meet.ChurchofJesusChrist.org' website appears to only deal with Google Meet.

Is anyone aware how one can get the Zoom Licenses referred to this Church notice?
dafferngg
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 am

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#2

Post by dafferngg »

When you log in to https://meet.chuchofjesuschrist.org you'll be presented with two large option boxes, one will say "Zoom Accounts for Church Units" and the other will say "A Google Meet Account". If you don't have these options available to you make sure your calling, as the Stake Technology Specialist, is entered into LCR.
yvan.j.garcia
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#3

Post by yvan.j.garcia »

dafferngg wrote:When you log in to https://meet.chuchofjesuschrist.org you'll be presented with two large option boxes, one will say "Zoom Accounts for Church Units" and the other will say "A Google Meet Account". If you don't have these options available to you make sure your calling, as the Stake Technology Specialist, is entered into LCR.
Is the requirement to be a "Stake Technology Specialist" or would "Stake Assistant Technology Specialist" qualify as well?
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10412
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#4

Post by lajackson »

yvan.j.garcia wrote:Is the requirement to be a "Stake Technology Specialist" or would "Stake Assistant Technology Specialist" qualify as well?
Assistant Stake Clerk -- Technology, aka Stake Technology Specialist (STS). Assistant Technology Specialists need not apply.
blythgoe
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:51 am

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#5

Post by blythgoe »

lajackson wrote:
yvan.j.garcia wrote:Is the requirement to be a "Stake Technology Specialist" or would "Stake Assistant Technology Specialist" qualify as well?
Assistant Stake Clerk -- Technology, aka Stake Technology Specialist (STS). Assistant Technology Specialists need not apply.
Thank you for the Clarification. I've had them add me as the Assistant Stake Clerk - Technology Specialist. So far, nothing has changed, however, it may need some time to propagate.
GoogleAccount.jpg
(114.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'll keep trying over the next few hours.
blythgoe
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:51 am

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#6

Post by blythgoe »

Nothing has changed for me. Still getting the same screen that I attached in my previous message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2018
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
Location: South Jordan, UT, USA

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#7

Post by jonesrk »

blythgoe wrote:Nothing has changed for me. Still getting the same screen that I attached in my previous message.
There have been permissions issues for this reported for those with multiple callings
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2943
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#8

Post by scgallafent »

blythgoe wrote:Nothing has changed for me. Still getting the same screen that I attached in my previous message.
Something else is going wrong for you. There isn't any significant propagation delay to this system. You don't have an issue with multiple positions.
blythgoe
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:51 am

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#9

Post by blythgoe »

I'm going to have my Stake Clerk remove my other calling to see if that makes a difference.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31522
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Availability of Zoom licenses for local unit virtual meetings

#10

Post by russellhltn »

Any possibility of being an "out of unit" member? I'd imagine that would create some issues.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Post Reply

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”