Can't Transfer Zoom License to Church Account

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Can't Transfer Zoom License to Church Account

Post by Mikerowaved »

stevemartin wrote:Anything new on this? I have 3 wards that already have Zoom accounts...
Not yet. I told the wards in my stake that were on a month-to-month plan to just have them terminate their account and start using the one I setup for them. I hope that's the right call.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

fano.raz wrote:When I go to meet.churchofjesuschrist.org as stake clerk/STS, I see "Zoom Accounts for Church Units" and "A Goolge Meet Account" enrollment at the welcome page. I don't see any option to enter an email address or anything else,
Click on the "Zoom Accounts for Church Units". Then you'll get that option.

However, a number of people are reporting problems with that process. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:I told the wards in my stake that were on a month-to-month plan to just have them terminate their account and start using the one I setup for them. I hope that's the right call.
That is the way I did all of mine.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

All,

We are still working with Zoom to figure out why certain accounts are not transferring as expected. I don't expect to have much more from them this week. If you really need the Church-provided Zoom account this weekend, please submit an alternative email address during the account creation process on the meet.churchofjesuschrist.org portal. We are hopeful an alternative account transfer option can be identified and deployed before the end of the month.

Thank you for all you do. I hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Bart
shermanhebein

Post by shermanhebein »

Bartj says "Contact Zoom to determine what needs to be done on your account in order for the license to be successfully transferred to the Church."

How? I don't have a 9 or 10 digit account number to get past the virtual screener. Zoom locked up and then deleted a business zoom account and will not allow the owner to move forward towards resolution. Meanwhile, the Ward account cannot be transferred as meet is locked up. Any suggestions will be appreciated!-
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shermanhebein wrote:Meanwhile, the Ward account cannot be transferred as meet is locked up.
Meet? If you're referring to Google Meet, there is no way to transfer. We're talking about transferring a Zoom account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

shermanhebein

Post by shermanhebein »

Russelhltn,

The meet I am referring to is meet.churchofjesuschrist.org, not Google Meet. I am talking about transferring a Zoom account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In what way is meet locked up?

I have a personal (free) Zoom account, and if I log into the web page (using email and password), I can see a 10 digit account number. I'd think that you could do the same with the account you're trying to transfer.

bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

All,

We continue to work with Zoom on an automated solution to transfer accounts that have failed to transfer through the meet portal. In the meantime, we have identified an alternative method for getting these transferred. If you still have an account that could not be transferred through the portal that you would like transferred, please visit this Microsoft form survey and provide the requested information.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... VOUDRKTS4u

It is critical that you provide all the information requested and that it is accurate. We have successfully tested this with a number of accounts that could not transfer and hope this will be a means of resolving most of the outstanding transfer issues.

Thanks!
poswald

Post by poswald »

Has any progress been made on this issue of transferring a pre-existing Pro account to a Church account? Yes, I waited until the first of the year to create these accounts and now I see these issues. Half my wards did not have Pro accounts so I was easily able to create the new church accounts for them. Half had acquired Pro accounts and I cannot get any of these to transfer as I get the same errors everyone else are getting. I have sent mail to mht with no response and I just opened a ticket with Zoom today. Right now all the Pro accounts in our Stake will most likely stay in place and we will simply have to create new accounts to get things moving. Perhaps Zoom will give me advice on fixing the transfer or how to migrate the Pro accounts to the newly created Church accounts. If I have missed some announcement, article, or memo on how to resolve this please let me know.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”