Dec 2020 Handbook Updates

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

plamb1215

Dec 2020 Handbook Updates

Post by plamb1215 »

The General Handbook updates that came out late last week have not updated in my Windows Gospel Library (Microsoft Surface) like they have in my Android (my phone) Gospel Library. I think this also happened with the past one or two updates and I ended up uninstalling/re-installing the application to get the update, which is a nuisance. If I'm patient, will it update or is there a way for me to force the update without uninstalling?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Dec 2020 Handbook Updates

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to make sure you're running the most current version of GL. Older versions tend to use older content servers - which many not get updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: Dec 2020 Handbook Updates

Post by davesudweeks »

plamb1215 wrote:If I'm patient, will it update or is there a way for me to force the update without uninstalling?
In addition to what russellhltn indicated, if you have your device on automatic updates, it should check for updates automatically at some point. I don't know abut GL for windows, but on the Android version you can swipe-down from the main screen to force a manual update.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”