Church Zoom Account - Changing Email Address or Password

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Church Zoom Account - Changing Email Address or Password

Post by bartj »

All,

Please only use the meet.churchofjesuschrist.org portal to activate and delete accounts. All other account management activities should be done directly with Zoom. Do not delete an account and create a new one to change the assigned email address.

More information can be found at....
- Change account email - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... y-Account-

- Change account password - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... r-password

- Change account settings - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... t-settings

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Church Zoom Account - Changing Email Address or Password

Post by lajackson »

Using the meet portal I activated a unit account.
Through Zoom, the unit changed the email address for the account.
The meet portal changed from Setup Complete to Setup Not Complete.

A few days later, the meet portal no longer shows that the unit has an account. It is listed in the drop down as being available to add a license.

The Zoom account still works and still shows as Licensed. Will it continue to work or do we have a surprise in our future? (Surprises are not good.)
jimcalton

Post by jimcalton »

What if I disassociated myself from the Church Zoom Account, back to my private account, without adding another Admin???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jimcalton wrote:What if I disassociated myself from the Church Zoom Account, back to my private account, without adding another Admin???
I would expect you to lose the church license. You'd end up with a free account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jacob59s

Post by jacob59s »

I have a ward in my stake that we set an email for that ward, and he was able to activate the linked account. Now when he tries to log into zoom it tells him that zoom doesn't recognize his email a a valid email. If I click remove on that account will I be able to assign that ward to a new email address? Or should I have him make a new email and zoom account and then with that profile change to back to his current email that doesn't work?

Thanks
Jacob Steele
Price Utah Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jacob59s wrote:Now when he tries to log into zoom it tells him that zoom doesn't recognize his email a a valid email.
Since he was able to activate it, clearly the email address is correct and Zoom was able to work with it.

Make sure he's not trying to log in using Google or Facebook. That may be different than what he's used to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dtavres

Post by dtavres »

On the "Meet-Zoom Enroll" page, a Zoom license was provisioned AND setup - then the account was disassociated with the license.

When I click the "REMOVE" button, to free up the license for the Stake, this error is displayed:

"Error: Unable to remove the Zoom Account. Zoom has temporarily suspended changes to this account. Please try making the requested change again in approximately 10 minutes. Contact Zoom or click here you continue to experience issues and need assistance."

I've tried several times (with 15-20 minutes between attempts) but it's always the same message.

AND, clicking the link in the original email says that the link has expired.

Anyone know who I should contact to reset the license for the Ward? Or how to do it myself?

Thanks in advance.
Desert Breeze Ward | Lakes Stake | Las Vegas, NV | dave@tavres.com | http://www.Tavres.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dtavres wrote:Anyone know who I should contact to reset the license for the Ward? Or how to do it myself?
I'd leave feedback on the Meet page.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dtavres wrote:Anyone know who I should contact to reset the license for the Ward? Or how to do it myself?
Besides leaving Feedback at the Meet Portal page, I have found that if you just wait a few days, you may be able to remove the account you are in progress of creating and then start over. And I had one where I waited a week that disappeared on its own.
scottej52

Post by scottej52 »

I am a little confused at where this conversation leads us. I made a mistake, myself (I think) by letting my personal email address be used for our Ward account. The 26 Dec 2020 comment by iajackson seems to imply that if you have trouble changing the email address for your account, it may be caused by the "meet portal". So - can I change the email address for our ward account myself, or do I need to go through our STS to make sure "meet portal" doesn't mess things up? I asked Zoom Help and here is the chat transcript:

AGENT ( Jemuel R): Hi! This is Jemuel. Thank you for contacting Zoom Technical Support. Please give me 2-3 to catch up on the conversation. One moment please.
AGENT ( Jemuel R): Thank you for waiting. I see you are chatting about changing your email for Zoom. Can you provide me with some details about your concern?

USER: While you're looking, I am wondering about changing the email address. I made a mistake (I think) by having my personal email address assigned to an account that is supposed to be "official use only". If I create a new email address to assign to that account, will my personal email then be available to reestablish a free account on?

USER: The account name is "Church of Jesus Christ - local units" and I am listed as a member.

AGENT ( Jemuel R): Okay, I understand you have linked your personal email as member to this account "Church of Jesus Christ". I am glad you contacted us so we can provide some assistance with this.

USER: The main thing I'm not sure of is if I can make the change myself, or if an admin for the account has to change it.

AGENT ( Jemuel R): Thank you for waiting. Since scottericj@gmail.com is already linked to an existing Zoom account, you can't use it to create free account. What you can do is to convert to an Individual Account. Kindly look through the steps here and let me know if it works for you > https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... al-Account

USER: But then I'd lose the ability to host meetings for our ward unit using the church account, right?

AGENT ( Jemuel R): Yes, that is correct.

USER: So I could follow the instructions in "How Do I Change the Email on My Account?" and a new email address would work for the license account but my personal email would be forever useless?

AGENT ( Jemuel R): Thank you for waiting. For that, yes you may follow "How Do I Change the Email on My Account?". Once completed your email scottericj@gmail.com can be used to create a free individual account.

USER: Does it take time for the system to sync the change? Should I change the email address and then wait a day before trying to recreate a free account for my personal email?

AGENT ( Jemuel R): The changes are usually applied immediately. Once you have changed the email for your current Zoom account, your email scottericj@gmail.com will be unlinked right away and you should be able to use it create a free account.

USER: OK. Is it OK to post this conversation to the church tech forum? There were some older discussions there about difficulties doing this.

AGENT ( Jemuel R): Yes, you can provide the information from this chat.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”