Zoom Concurrent Meetings

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Zoom Concurrent Meetings

Post by russellhltn »

swigginton wrote:However, if I started a webinar and a meeting, it would not let me do both. That appears to be a problem with Zoom. I'll report it and see what they say.
How is that an issue for church use? I would expect the webinar to only be used for something like sacrament when there would be no other meetings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

russellhltn wrote:
swigginton wrote:However, if I started a webinar and a meeting, it would not let me do both. That appears to be a problem with Zoom. I'll report it and see what they say.
How is that an issue for church use? I would expect the webinar to only be used for something like sacrament when there would be no other meetings.
As an example, we have a youth devotional (webinar) and another meeting scheduled for Sunday evening at 7PM. We had to move the meeting to another account. I got a response from Zoom confirming that this is a known issue, with an indication they are working on it, but no information about when it will be resolved. It's a known issue with all enterprise accounts. As you mention, it will be rare to have a meeting and webinar at the same time. Just bad timing for us this Sunday and very fortunate that I caught it today.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

swigginton wrote:As an example, we have a youth devotional (webinar) and another meeting scheduled for Sunday evening at 7PM.
I can think of times BC where that's happened at the Stake level for some Sundays. Getting those kinds of conflicts certainly feels like getting back to the old normal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

russellhltn wrote:I can think of times BC where that's happened at the Stake level for some Sundays. Getting those kinds of conflicts certainly feels like getting back to the old normal.
That would be nice. It's just a coincidence this time, even though we're trying to make things as "normal" as possible. We're in California and have only had 3 (limited attendance) in-person sacrament meetings since March.
coreyjames

Post by coreyjames »

You can schedule multiple meetings at the same time, they each get their own unique meeting ID number, just hand off each meeting ID to alternate meeting leaders.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

coreyjames wrote:You can schedule multiple meetings at the same time, they each get their own unique meeting ID number, just hand off each meeting ID to alternate meeting leaders.
I'd test that before trying. Apparently you can schedule, but trying the third concurrent meeting is likely to fail unless you can pass a meeting on to a different licensee.

justinp

Post by justinp »

I did an experiment a week ago and was able to start two concurrent meetings, but this morning it kicked off the first meeting when the second meeting started. Why is it no longer working? Bummer, I spent a lot of time re-doing all our Zoom links to use this shared account. It's not effective if we can't have parallel meetings. Looks like we might have to keep paying for licenses.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

justinp wrote:It's not effective if we can't have parallel meetings.
You should be able to have two concurrent meetings.
justinp

Post by justinp »

Ok, we got it working today but it's quirky. Twice this morning, we had meetings get ended prematurely. Recommending to all instructors they login ten minutes prior to get through quirks like kick-outs, and then don't touch anything until meeting is over. Would be interested in anyone's lessons learned.
justinp

Post by justinp »

On Sunday, we were able to run three concurrent meetings but in a dry run today, we couldn't get it to work. We need consistent performance. Is the limit truly two, or is it three on Sundays?

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”