Unable to access Donation Entry in LCR

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
mbarron3

Unable to access Donation Entry in LCR

Post by mbarron3 »

Hi, I am a new Ward Clerk trying to process weekly tithing in LCR. According to the instructions in the Help Center (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng), I can create a donation batch by clicking the Donations tab in LCR.

For some reason when I click through LCR > Finance > Donations, I see the Donation Summary but I don't have any buttons to record new donations or any other actions. Is this normal? Is it possible that I am missing some access permissions? Thank you in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to access Donation Entry in LCR

Post by russellhltn »

mbarron3 wrote:Hi, I am a new Ward Clerk
How new? It can take up to 24 hours after the calling is recorded to get all the online rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

When did processing Donations in LCR come about?
We still are required to use MLS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:When did processing Donations in LCR come about?
News to me, but the Record Donations help page was updated 5 November 2020, so I suspect the capability became available around then. I do not think anyone in our stake knows about it.

I suppose that being in another country may affect the availability of this feature.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It would be lovely if we could scan the checks and upload them into the donation batch, so we would not have to drive to the bank or post office. That would not solve the problem of cash or coin donations, but it would be great for the one or two checks we receive.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
News to me, but the Record Donations help page was updated 5 November 2020, so I suspect the capability became available around then. I do not think anyone in our stake knows about it.

I suppose that being in another country may affect the availability of this feature.
It would appear that we here in the UK don’t have access to the donations batch option yet! I imagine that if it’s successful in the US, it will be slowly rolled out worldwide. The option can’t roll out soon enough, as we haven’t been in a position to process paper donations since March. Covid-19 and all that!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:
News to me, but the Record Donations help page was updated 5 November 2020, so I suspect the capability became available around then.
There have been help pages for other topics that got posted before the feature described had been rolled out or was still in beta. Our stake does not have that feature available yet if it has been rolled out in other areas.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:There have been help pages for other topics that got posted before the feature described had been rolled out or was still in beta. Our stake does not have that feature available yet if it has been rolled out in other areas.
I don't see that feature in our stake yet either. We've been a beta site test for other recent finance changes (EFTs and budget reports). I don't know if it's not in beta test yet or if we are no longer a beta test site.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I don't think this has been released publicly. The documentation is a little ahead of the functionality.
mbarron3

Post by mbarron3 »

Thanks all. I will use MLS until processing donations goes live in LCR. I was called about 2 months ago and I'm still relying on documentation and advice from forum members such as yourselves. Much appreciated!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”