Church zoom account- custom backgrounds

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
derk

Church zoom account- custom backgrounds

Post by derk »

A few advanced features are disabled in Church zoom accounts- one that I've gotten several requests for is custom virtual backgrounds. Teachers would like to put a quote or lesson title or relevant picture as their custom background during each week's lesson, but using a custom image currently isn't allowed. We can only select from the existing pre-populated list of virtual backgrounds.

Is there any mechanism for requesting this or other disabled features be turned on?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church zoom account- custom backgrounds

Post by russellhltn »

I see the setting. It's off by default, but appears to allow the person who controls the account to turn it on.

Settings > Meeting > "Virtual background"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Perhaps "custom backgrounds" is an additional optional feature, not the same as the small default set of virtual backgrounds.

See https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... Background

From the above page, it appears that the account administrator must "Allow users to upload custom backgrounds" or "Manage virtual background to upload default background images available for users". We are not able to choose those options.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I have no idea how custom backgrounds work for zoom in a situation like this but if they would be shared between all church unit zoom accounts then I doubt the church would enable something that would allow one unit to upload pictures that would be seen by other units.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Exactly my thinking. Let's not get crazy or use copyrighted images.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Perhaps "custom backgrounds" is an additional optional feature, not the same as the small default set of virtual backgrounds.
Probably. The "allow users to upload custom backgrounds" option is missing from the settings I see in the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”