Church Zoom Account - Multiple Users?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
andrewjorgensen

Church Zoom Account - Multiple Users?

Post by andrewjorgensen »

We have a ward that has multiple users on their paid Zoom account (not yet migrated to church billing). This has been useful to allow organizations to schedule meetings without their being able to see the bishop's schedule of interviews.
Will it be possible to continue having multiple users on their account if we migrate to the consolidated billing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church Zoom Account - Multiple Users?

Post by russellhltn »

Not as far as I can tell. It will be just one account for the ward with a limit of 2 simultaneous meetings. (But you can have breakout rooms in a meeting). This will likely force changes in how your ward currently operates. While it's easy to coordinate the general meetings, coordinating the presidency meetings could be interesting.

Perhaps use of the free 40-minute accounts could be the church version of "stand-up meetings". ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:Perhaps use of the free 40-minute accounts could be the church version of "stand-up meetings". ;)
My wife is stake primary president - she normally has no difficulty staying within the 40-minute limit for meetings she holds. If the meeting goes over, everyone just stands-by, she starts a new zoom meeting, and notifies them of the new link via text so they can connect and finish up. Not perfect, but it works pretty well for her.
jacobstimpson

Post by jacobstimpson »

I have not sent the password out to anyone for our zoom account. I am however sharing the "host key" this allows them to start the meeting and adopt it as the host without having to authenticate.

@andrewjorgensen this may solve your problem.
trentj2009

Post by trentj2009 »

jacobstimpson wrote:I have not sent the password out to anyone for our zoom account. I am however sharing the "host key" this allows them to start the meeting and adopt it as the host without having to authenticate.

@andrewjorgensen this may solve your problem.
@jacobstimpson, how do you share the host key?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

trentj2009 wrote:@jacobstimpson, how do you share the host key?
I had the same question, so I did some research.

Using the ward account, go to profile and scroll down to "Host Key". It will be near the bottom. Click "show".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jacobstimpson

Post by jacobstimpson »

russellhltn wrote:
trentj2009 wrote:@jacobstimpson, how do you share the host key?
I had the same question, so I did some research.

Using the ward account, go to profile and scroll down to "Host Key". It will be near the bottom. Click "show".

Exactly.... and you can change it anytime... So should something get out of hand.....
davemoore99

Post by davemoore99 »

Okay I have this same scenario in my stake. I'm the stake clerk and have been asked to help setup a zoom meeting for stake level class. I would like to add another person as an alternative host but the account won't let me. I get the same error when entering the members email "user@gmail.com is not a user in your Zoom account."

If I share the "Host Key" does the other member simply log into their zoom account and somehow enter in the host key, thereby allowing them to launch the meeting?? Thanks all!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davemoore99 wrote:If I share the "Host Key" does the other member simply log into their zoom account and somehow enter in the host key, thereby allowing them to launch the meeting?? Thanks all!!
That's my understanding.

Otherwise, you can be at the meeting and make the person a co-host when they join.

swigginton

Post by swigginton »

davemoore99 wrote:If I share the "Host Key" does the other member simply log into their zoom account and somehow enter in the host key, thereby allowing them to launch the meeting?? Thanks all!!
To use the host key, you need to already be in the meeting. This means the meeting must be scheduled without a waiting room and must have enabled participants to join before the host. Once in the meeting, you bring up the Participants list, click the Options button (3 dots at the bottom of the list) and choose, "Claim Host". You then enter the 6-digit key and become the host.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”