Temple/Family History and Missionary assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
amyarchibald

Temple/Family History and Missionary assignments

Post by amyarchibald »

We need a tool within Leader and Clerk Resources that designates the counselors in the Relief Society, Elder's Quorum, Aaronic Priesthood Priest Quorum, and in the oldest Young Women Class as to their assignments over Temple and Family History or Missionary work. Since each of these organizations are to have a counselor assigned to this work, we need a check box or something attached to the counselor callings that designates either Temple/Family History or Missionary. We are attempting to coordinate on a stake level and are having to do this all manually.
davesudweeks

Re: Temple/Family History and Missionary assignments

Post by davesudweeks »

This is easy to do without a tool and without special programming.

Each ward should call a counselor (as recommended by the organization president and approved by the bishop) from each organization to a Temple and Family History Consultant position. This can be done in LCR. Also, a Priesthood Holder should be called as the Temple and Family History Leader (also in LCR). Though the Temple and Family History Leader will probably have already been assigned to the EQ President by default when the changes were announced last year, it doesn't have to be him. Once each ward has made the callings as instructed in the handbook, it is easy for the ward and stake to generate reports for contact lists, etc. of those individuals.

I am a counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency, and when the EQP asked me to take the Temple and Family History Leader assignment, I asked him to make it a calling so I would get appropriate access in LCR, FamilySearch, etc. Without issuing the Temple and Family History Consultant calling, organization counselors will not have the full access in FamilySearch to tools they can use to assist others in the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”