Ministering Assignment lists

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
Boults6

Ministering Assignment lists

Post by Boults6 »

I am trying to figure HOW to print the current RS ministering assignments that do NOT include all of the family members and their birthdates. I thought that information was for the specific auxiliaries only, i.e. Primary - children's birthdates, YW - children's birthdates. And if a phone number is marked private in a persons individual file it is still showing up on the lists that is created. I am the RSP and many items are visible to me that are not supposed to be visible to everyone.
rahmanrachel

Re: Ministering Assignment lists

Post by rahmanrachel »

relief society ministers to families, not just to sisters, so knowing the important dates in a family's life is helpful to ministering to the family.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rahmanrachel wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:01 pm relief society ministers to families, not just to sisters, so knowing the important dates in a family's life is helpful to ministering to the family.
The ministering assignments for priesthood holders and for sisters is described in the second paragraph of General Handbook, 21.0. It states; "..., priesthood holders are assigned as ministering brothers to each member household. Ministering sisters are assigned to each adult sister." Ministering is an assignment rather than a calling. This is important because membership record information is limited to leaders needing information in fulfilling their callings (ref: General Handbook, 33.1 & 33.8). Birth dates are confidential record information and are to be protected from disclosure and disclosed only to those leaders needing it in fulfilling their calling. Most members, at least in the U. S., have little concern in allowing their birthday, day and month, from being disclosed and is available in some reports.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tfwatt

Post by tfwatt »

I would like clarification on this as well.

I am trying to print our ministering assignments and I only want it to reflect the adult sisters that we minister to, I do not want to print the whole household.

In a response to a previous inquiry, the following handbook statement was included.

"priesthood holders are assigned as ministering brothers to each member household. Ministering sisters are assigned to each adult sister."

As you can see, ministering sisters are not assigned to the whole household, that is reserved for the ministering brothers. Sisters are only assigned to "each adult sister". So the question remains...how do I print only the sisters and not the whole household when printing ministering assignments?

Thank you for any assistance you are able to offer.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

tfwatt wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:13 pm I would like clarification on this as well.

I am trying to print our ministering assignments and I only want it to reflect the adult sisters that we minister to, I do not want to print the whole household.

In a response to a previous inquiry, the following handbook statement was included.

"priesthood holders are assigned as ministering brothers to each member household. Ministering sisters are assigned to each adult sister."

As you can see, ministering sisters are not assigned to the whole household, that is reserved for the ministering brothers. Sisters are only assigned to "each adult sister". So the question remains...how do I print only the sisters and not the whole household when printing ministering assignments?

Thank you for any assistance you are able to offer.
Under ministering, click on the print button at the top right and then click on interviews, then print. This will give you the sisters names only however, no phone numbers or addresses. It will also show the interviews done so far this quarter. Not sure that is something you should share with everyone . . .
janis.broome

Post by janis.broome »

How do I find who I am to minister to
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

janis.broome wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:13 pm How do I find who I am to minister to
The procedure, according to General Handbook, 21.2.1, states a member of your RS presidency or Elders quorum presidency, as appropriate, should extend the assignment.

The published assignments are also available in the mobile app Member Tools. Select your name and then select the Ministering tab to see both your ministering assignment, if any have been assigned, and who your ministers are. Two ways to get to that tab is to either swipe the tab bar left until the Ministering tab appears or to swipe the page left to get to the tab.

Speak with a member of your RS/Elders quorum presidency about your assignment if they have not contacted you.

The online Ward Directory and Map had the assignments in previous versions. A new effort is to make online resources and mobile resources provide the same information and capabilities. So the ministering assignments and ministers will most likely return to the Ward Directory and Map at some time this year, or shortly thereafter.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”