iPhone 11/12 and iPad won’t sync

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jesusortega1

iPhone 11/12 and iPad won’t sync

Post by jesusortega1 »

I have 3 devices all with latest iOS update 14.3 and member Tools app won’t sync. This has been going on for 3 weeks. App version is 4.2.0
TredreaAB

Re: iPhone 11/12 and iPad won’t sync

Post by TredreaAB »

Same problem on all iPhone and iPad devices (iOS ver 14.3) in our family. :(
pphelon

Post by pphelon »

We're having the same problem with our iPhones. :(
YBerkovich

Post by YBerkovich »

Same issue - updates not syncing. iPhone with most current version of iOS. It's impacting all four of us in the presidency. Please advise how to solve.
WDanielWillis

Post by WDanielWillis »

Same here. Neither my iPhone nor my iPad has been able to sync since December. iPhone 12 & iPad Pro 2nd generation.
LadyAngelica

Post by LadyAngelica »

I can update and log in to my Member Tools, but my father-in-law( Wayde) can’t. Trouble shooting I did:
1. I have turned his phone off and in.
2. Deleted and reinstalled the app.
3. Made sure his password was correct.
4. Used his password on the lds site to ensure it was correct.
5. I signed out of my account on my phone. When I tried to use his user name, it did not work.
6. I signed in with mine and it worked on his phone.

My theory is that he will need to create a new user and password from the LDS site. I’ll let you know if it works!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ladybieques wrote:My theory is that he will need to create a new user and password from the LDS site. I’ll let you know if it works!
If you mean you will try to create another Church Account then that won't work because a user cannot create another Church Account with their membership record number. A better choice would be to have him contact the Global Service Department for Church Account problem assistance. They can determine what the issue is and correct it. You will need to get the GSD phone number from your ward clerk. Make sure your father-in-law talks to the GSD since they will not work with anyone except the account holder.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ladybieques wrote: 4. Used his password on the lds site to ensure it was correct.
Was he able to open the "Maps and Directory" app on the webpage? If not, that's the problem. Most likely, either his MRN isn't attached to his account, or he's no longer in a ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LadyAngelica

Post by LadyAngelica »

No. I do not mean create a new user account. Go into settings on your church account and change the USERNAME. That is what I did to fix his problem.

jdlessley wrote:
ladybieques wrote:My theory is that he will need to create a new user and password from the LDS site. I’ll let you know if it works!
If you mean you will try to create another Church Account then that won't work because a user cannot create another Church Account with their membership record number. A better choice would be to have him contact the Global Service Department for Church Account problem assistance. They can determine what the issue is and correct it. You will need to get the GSD phone number from your ward clerk. Make sure your father-in-law talks to the GSD since they will not work with anyone except the account holder.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ladybieques wrote:No. I do not mean create a new user account. Go into settings on your church account and change the USERNAME. That is what I did to fix his problem.
For the benefit of others, what was the possible username problem? Perhaps a special character causing the problem?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”