Connecting to Liahona WiFi

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Connecting to Liahona WiFi

Post by lajackson »

BrianEdwards wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 am Just to tie up my loose ends, my laptop hard drive crashed a while ago, and after installing a new hard drive, the problem went away.
The ultimate clearing of cache and cookies sure did the trick, although I admit that even that does not always work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:08 pm The ultimate clearing of cache and cookies sure did the trick, although I admit that even that does not always work.
More then that. Just to recap the solutions found in this thread:
  • riffr49 reported enabling popups worked
  • jcluff47 with KyleHar9 confirming - making sure there wasn't anything in DNS
  • milnerm1 with jmalmber@ualberta.ca confirming - Use incognito mode to browse to captive.apple.com
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

I have guestwirelesstermsofuse.churchofjesuschrist.org (the url for the splashscreen) bookmarked and browse directly to that if mine won't open automatically.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

caillines wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:38 pm I have guestwirelesstermsofuse.churchofjesuschrist.org (the url for the splashscreen) bookmarked and browse directly to that if mine won't open automatically.
Love it. Thanks for sharing the link! For others reading along, here's the link in an easier to use format:

https://guestwirelesstermsofuse.churchofjesuschrist.org

Clicking the above link while not on the Liahona WiFi will simply forward you to the church's home page.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garrettharmer

Post by garrettharmer »

So I am having the same issue. DNS is all set to default, manually putting in the splash page URL gives me a DNS failure page, and Incognito doesn't fix the issue. I'm on Windows 11.
caillines

Post by caillines »

garrettharmer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:14 pm So I am having the same issue. DNS is all set to default, manually putting in the splash page URL gives me a DNS failure page, and Incognito doesn't fix the issue. I'm on Windows 11.
After you connect to the Liahona network and get the "no internet" message...
Open a command prompt (windows+R, then cmd.exe) and type "ipconfig /all" (no quotes).
In the section that has something like wifi or wireless in its name, look in the IPv4 Address line. Does it have a 192.X.X.X or a 169.254.X.X email address, or something else?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caillines wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:53 pm In the section that has something like wifi or wireless in its name, look in the IPv4 Address line. Does it have a 192.X.X.X or a 169.254.X.X email address, or something else?
And what is the DNS (s) listed?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

garrettharmer

Post by garrettharmer »

A buddy fixed it for me! After all the settings and such, what fixed it for me was going to a site I've never been to before like ibm.com to force the splash page.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

garrettharmer wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:07 pm A buddy fixed it for me! After all the settings and such, what fixed it for me was going to a site I've never been to before like ibm.com to force the splash page.
Another option that might work would be to clear your browser's cache. Then, all sites would be in the same state as if you had never visited them before.
orionw

Post by orionw »

iPhone 13 absolutely won’t connect to Liahona!

Not I n my CA ward, my stake, and today in Herriman UT.

Tried everything!

Help!

Orion Wood
orionw@pacbell.net

Return to “Other Member Technologies”