Class And Quorum Attendance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Class And Quorum Attendance

Post by sbradshaw »

LavaPhoenix wrote:My ward starting using this feature about a month ago. When they record attendance for a Sunday for any of the quorums/classes, the attendance moves to a different Sunday and is no longer correct. The organizations have corrected this multiple times and the attendance keeps moving to different Sundays. I am not sure if it takes until the next Sunday for it to move or happens sooner than that. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I want to submit a bug about this, but am not sure the best way to go about that. If anyone knows the best way to report this, if they could please let me know.
Are they logging in to record attendance on the same Sunday as the week they're recording attendance for, or are they logging in at a different day/time in the week? That shouldn't make a difference, but might be a clue to help developers reproduce the issue.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

john.allred wrote:Primary is the problem we have with the new attendance tools. All of our primary classes take place over individual zoom calls. But our teachers do not have the ability to take attendance. I’m trying to think through the reasons why the people who know the information would not have the ability to enter the information. I suppose one reason is that primary teachers are not set apart to a specific class, but it wouldn’t be too hard for the developers to allow the primary presidency to assign teachers to a specific class and then only allow them to do attendance for that class.
I don't know the reason why teachers don't have access to the attendance tools, but I think it would be hard for a teacher to multi-task to make a list of everyone who's there while also teaching (this would especially be the case for singing time). It would probably be easier for a member of the primary presidency who isn't teaching to join the call, whether for the full class or for part of it, to record attendance.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
john.allred

Post by john.allred »

I don't know the reason why teachers don't have access to the attendance tools, but I think it would be hard for a teacher to multi-task to make a list of everyone who's there while also teaching (this would especially be the case for singing time). It would probably be easier for a member of the primary presidency who isn't teaching to join the call, whether for the full class or for part of it, to record attendance.
We haven’t had singing time in a year and probably won’t have it this year either. At least not until late Fall.

We have two teachers for each primary class. We told one teach to teach the zoom class and the other one to take roll. But we assumed the second teacher would be able to enter the attendance information for their class. It’s a 20 second task if they have the ability to do so in the tools app. But if they don’t, they have to write up an email and send it to the primary presidency and then hope someone in the presidency will record the attendance. Let’s be honest, that’s unlikely to happen. Or maybe they will do it for a week or two, but it will quickly fall off. But if the teachers could record it on their own phones we would have much higher rates of attendance records.
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

There is a member of the Primary presidency who is responsible for ensuring that attendance is recorded, the secretary in the Primary Presidency. General Handbook section 12.3.3 "Work closely with teachers and leaders to keep accurate attendance records."
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

john.allred wrote:I suppose one reason is that primary teachers are not set apart to a specific class, but it wouldn’t be too hard for the developers to allow the primary presidency to assign teachers to a specific class and then only allow them to do attendance for that class.
While they aren't set apart for a specific class they can be assigned to a class in LCR.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

I would LOVE if someone would provide a list of who has access to this report on Member Tools app. I'm spending so much time talking to secretaries and orgs and trying to get them to log in to see if it works, etc. So far, no love for anyone but the org presidency (no class presidencies that I can confirm have access). No teachers.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Only the (adult) organization presidency members plus their secretaries, bishopric, ward clerk, assistant ward clerk, and assistant ward clerk - membership currently have access to the Class and Quorum Attendance report in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). The same should be true in Member Tools. But I cannot confirm it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

jdlessley wrote:Only the (adult) organization presidency members plus their secretaries, bishopric, ward clerk, assistant ward clerk, and assistant ward clerk - membership currently have access to the Class and Quorum Attendance report in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). The same should be true in Member Tools. But I cannot confirm it.
Someone stated in another thread that the access to attendance reports in Member Tools was different than access to the attendance reports in LCR (e.g. some have access via the app but not LCR). That would need to be confirmed.
csharp

Post by csharp »

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I would like to make a feature request that youth quorum and class secretaries are able to record attendance online. This would seem to be consistent with having a youth led program and allowing the Bishoprics and other adult leaders to focus more on the youth.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

csharp wrote:Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I would like to make a feature request that youth quorum and class secretaries are able to record attendance online. This would seem to be consistent with having a youth led program and allowing the Bishoprics and other adult leaders to focus more on the youth.
If you're using the Member Tools app you can click help and in there you can send feedback/request. Also on LCR usually at the bottom of the page is a feedback button.

The more people to send in a request the more likely we are to get a change. As of right now, our youth are going to keep using a google spreadsheet to keep roll and then someone with access will enter it into LCR. We've struggled to roll out this change since it is effecting all organizations and there has been almost no guidance from HQ on who has access. So far, our efforts are probably only collecting 50% of the attendance so far (patchwork of classes).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”