Class And Quorum Attendance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Class And Quorum Attendance

Post by jdlessley »

csharp wrote:Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I would like to make a feature request that youth quorum and class secretaries are able to record attendance online.
This is in line with the discussion with the topic of this thread. However, since the forum is primarily user-to-user help and support the only thing we can do is discuss it. Those who make the decisions related to this topic most likely will never see this topic discussion. To get your feedback to those who can do anything about it is through the feedback link found at the bottom of the Class and Quorum Attendance report page. It is in the footer for the page. All feedback provided this way will be routed to the responsible people, department, or council for consideration. Due to the amount of feedback submitted through this channel do not expect to get a personalized response. Sometimes there will be no response at all. Another method to get feedback to the correct people is to send the feedback up the priesthood chain. You talk to your bishop; he talks to your stake president; he talks to the area coordinating council; and so on...
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ShaunPilling

Post by ShaunPilling »

Looking for advice on how to report attendance for the ward when we were unaware of this app AND no one entered info through the Tools app AND quarterly reports are past due with no ability to correct stats. Any suggestions?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ShaunPilling wrote:Looking for advice on how to report attendance for the ward when we were unaware of this app AND no one entered info through the Tools app AND quarterly reports are past due with no ability to correct stats. Any suggestions?
If you click on (edit: the "View More" link to the right of the check boxes for each member), you will see options to record prior month's attendance. Not as easy is scrolling down the list, but doable in a pinch. Since the quarterly report only counts the last month of the prior quarter, you will only need to enter March information which should pull into the report after a slight delay (should be about 5 minutes but could be longer due to server load). Technically, you only need one checkmark for any week a member attended the class/quorum meeting in March (this is how the report was being submitted prior to this new app). April is not over so entering March data should pull into the quarterly report so it can be submitted before the end of the month. In the words of a prior prophet, "just do the best you can."

In my opinion, communication and instructions regarding this were lacking so don't feel bad that it was missed. As a prior EQ Presidency counselor, I mentioned it to our EQ President at the time shortly after the app became available - his response was "until he received direction/instructions regarding it he wasn't going to worry about entering the information." Thus we only have my personal record for some weeks and then our EQ meetings for part of March after I was called as the new EQ President.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

ShaunPilling wrote:Looking for advice on how to report attendance for the ward when we were unaware of this app AND no one entered info through the Tools app AND quarterly reports are past due with no ability to correct stats. Any suggestions?
As Dave said, you only need one attendance marked for the month of March for them to count in the budget calculation. I had the same problem with a youth organization so I just asked who was attending and picked a week and marked them as attending for each youth. That gets the stats to be right as a total. I think we have it ironed out for 2nd quarter data to be more meaningful on the week to week basis.

I sent a feedback asking that the YW/YM/Primary rolls allow those organizations to mark the adult attending those classes. It's wonky to require the RS to try to track which women are serving in primary and YW and to know if they are there or not.
jesusmora

Post by jesusmora »

Bueno seria fantástico poder decirles a estos hermanos que van a la Capilla a solo permanecer en los pasillos, en una entrevista posterior (y mostrarles su asistencia a la Iglesia y lo que ha hecho durante los últimos 4 o 6 meses) y decirles que se les ha visto en la iglesia pero para nada interesado en las clases y otras actividades. Estoy seguro que seria una muy buena lección para el miembro que hace esto.
mcope

Post by mcope »

chriswoodut wrote:I would LOVE if someone would provide a list of who has access to this report on Member Tools app. I'm spending so much time talking to secretaries and orgs and trying to get them to log in to see if it works, etc. So far, no love for anyone but the org presidency (no class presidencies that I can confirm have access). No teachers.
That information is available in the "Access Table," which you can find under the "Other" heading on LCR. The table confirms what you are finding.
mbarron3

Post by mbarron3 »

We have discovered that Sunday School teachers don't have "Class & Quorum Attendance" privileges, which feels like an oversight. They are willing to record attendance for their own classes, but only the SS presidency has that access. Can that privilege be extended to SS teachers?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mbarron3 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:02 pm We have discovered that Sunday School teachers don't have "Class & Quorum Attendance" privileges, which feels like an oversight. They are willing to record attendance for their own classes, but only the SS presidency has that access. Can that privilege be extended to SS teachers?
You can submit that as feedback from the attendance report page, but it is the presidency who are responsible for reporting attendance, not the instructors. Reporting here will not necessarily get your desires in front of those who direct the programmer's priorities - it has been reported that feedback is read and summarized for consideration by the appropriate coordination counsel at church headquarters.

Currently, if you want the instructors to report attendance, they will have to do it on a paper role for the SS Secretary (or a member of the SS presidency) to compile and report online.
tsantiago

Post by tsantiago »

Do we mark attendance only for those brethren in our quorum meeting, or do we also mark those that we know are serving in other callings that hour (bishopric, YM, primary, etc)?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tsantiago wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:04 pm Do we mark attendance only for those brethren in our quorum meeting, or do we also mark those that we know are serving in other callings that hour (bishopric, YM, primary, etc)?
The help text for the quarterly report provides the instruction for line 14, Melchizedek Priesthood holders attending priesthood, Sunday School, or Primary meetings, stating "Record Melchizedek Priesthood holders and visitors attending priesthood, Sunday School, or Primary meetings using the Class and Quorum Attendance tool in LCR or Member Tools." So if an EQ member has a calling that requires their attendance in another priesthood meeting, Sunday School meeting, or Primary meeting then the member is recorded as having attended for that Sunday. In our ward the ward clerk marks the attendance in the Class and Quorum Report for those in callings that would require attendance in the Aaronic Priesthood meetings, Youth Sunday School meetings, or Primary meetings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”