food orders

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
hahnsmith

food orders

Post by hahnsmith »

My counselor can not get on the welfare section of lcr to put in food orders. The bishop put her in the system to get access but it doesn't show up when she logs in. Is there something else we need to do to allow her access?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: food orders

Post by russellhltn »

hahnsmith wrote:My counselor can not get on the welfare section of lcr to put in food orders. The bishop put her in the system to get access but it doesn't show up when she logs in. Is there something else we need to do to allow her access?
Some access can take 24 hours to process.

Make sure the person that the bishop added has the same MRN as the MRN that is on the Church Account the counselor is using.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
amberddietzel

Post by amberddietzel »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:43 am
hahnsmith wrote:My counselor can not get on the welfare section of lcr to put in food orders. The bishop put her in the system to get access but it doesn't show up when she logs in. Is there something else we need to do to allow her access?
Some access can take 24 hours to process.

Make sure the person that the bishop added has the same MRN as the MRN that is on the Church Account the counselor is using.
This is the same with us - and it has been almost a week with no change of visibility to the welfare section of LCR for them (though I can see them as "preparers" when initiating a food order.) What are we missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

amberddietzel wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:18 pm This is the same with us - and it has been almost a week with no change of visibility to the welfare section of LCR for them (though I can see them as "preparers" when initiating a food order.) What are we missing?
Have you verified the MRN on their account? I've seen members use their spouse's account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
amberddietzel

Post by amberddietzel »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:19 am
Have you verified the MRN on their account? I've seen members use their spouse's account.
Yes, but when continuing to look in this forum, I found the answer. I assumed they'd have access to the welfare section from the LCR homepage just like I do, but that is not the case.

Apparently, when the ward clerk or Bishop adds counselors (or anyone besides the RS President or Bishopric) as preparers, it gives them the below message:

"The Relief Society president, bishop, and bishop's counselors are able to help prepare orders by default. If you would like to assign additional ward/branch members to help prepare orders, add them to this list. Individuals must be at least 18 years old and have an active LDS Account. Instruct them to use welfareservices.lds.org to prepare the assigned orders."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

amberddietzel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:31 pm Instruct them to use welfareservices.lds.org to prepare the assigned orders."
Interesting. Thanks for the response on what worked.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”