D70 Commander not working

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
northrockies

D70 Commander not working

Post by northrockies »

I've got a problem with the D70 Commander software not working. We've had the cameras set up the same way for years. I had to upgrade the computer to Windows 10 and now D70 Commander only opens the camera not found error screen telling me to check the connection and power to the cameras. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall D70 Commander. I've checked all the cameras and connections. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance!
Biggles

Re: D70 Commander not working

Post by Biggles »

Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? If not, you can adjust the compatibility by right clicking on the launch icon and find the appropriate tab where you can adjust it. Going from memory here, as not in front of a W10 computer.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Biggles wrote:Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? If not, you can adjust the compatibility by right clicking on the launch icon and find the appropriate tab where you can adjust it. Going from memory here, as not in front of a W10 computer.
Additional information - After right clicking on the launch icon, select Properties then select the Compatibility tab.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What version of Windows 10? 32 bit or 64 bit? If you upgraded from 32-bit to 64-bit, you will run into problems with drivers. The old 32-bit drivers will no longer work. All drivers on a x64 system must be 64-bit.

Were any drivers required to be installed originally to get it to work on the old system?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

There are a few low cost products available that work under Windows10 and provide MORE functionality (access to all camera settings) then D70Commander. For example https://www.ptzcontroller.com/2019/08/c ... ontroller/
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Or you could try this software. I believe produced by a Church member. Either way it does work with W10 and is free!

http://www.rnl3c.com/ptzc/
northrockies

Post by northrockies »

OK. I've tried running in compatibility I still get the same error from EVI-D70 Commander:
"Camera Not Found!
Make sure camera switches 1 & 4 are off (toward the back of the camera) then check the connection to a serial port and plug in the power. Wait for camera to reset, then click RETRY. Click IGNORE for help."
As I said, I've done all this. To be clear on the drivers and updates issue....I had updated the laptop to Windows 10 back in March of 2020 and used EVI-D70 Commander through September to control the cameras. It stopped working in October 2020 and nothing regarding camera switches, power, or checking cables has restored the full functionality. I just keep getting the error above.

I just tried the Visca controller from rnl3c.com. That option was a little more helpful because the logs are more descriptive. It looks like the COM ports are not communicating with the cameras. That's strange to me because nothing has changed in that respect.

Edit: I just realized that it only seems to fail during the colder months. Is there a possibility that there's a short somewhere between the EMtech AVDH-1 and the cameras that is affecting the signal for controlling? Only in the colder months?... I'm so confused.

So, the Sony Visca Controller is connecting to the correct port COM3.
I get the error
Port closed - no response from CAdressSet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

northrockies wrote:It looks like the COM ports are not communicating with the cameras. That's strange to me because nothing has changed in that respect.
I think it's time to inspect the wiring. While you may think nothing has changed, FM is regularly in the building doing repairs and maintenance and they could have pulled a wire out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bitnerdp

Post by bitnerdp »

I've seen that problem in the past and had to update the USB driver (we use a USB->serial adapter)...could that be the issue?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”