Assistant Executive Secretary Access Please

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
gettopreacherman

Assistant Executive Secretary Access Please

Post by gettopreacherman »

I am the assistant executive secretary in my ward. My job is to schedule for the counselors the youth semi annual interviews where appropriate as well and temple recommend interview renewals, where appropriate. Just tonight I'm working on the list I was sent by the executive secretary and the information is out of date...and it's only a report that's a week old. It would greatly improve efficiency and efficacy in my calling if I had access to the interviews list and recommends list at the very least. Having to rely on another person to pull the information just hamstrings me a bit. I get that we can rely on each other, however I don't think requesting access to these reports is too much of an ask is it? From what I can see here this has been a request for MANY YEARS and yet no movement? It's pretty common to have an asst exec secretary in the states to help with coordinating meetings and calendars for counselors...so why is this still an issue? Can you please add the calling "Ward Assistant Executive Secretary" to the list of permissions for those reports? Pretty simple lookup list there, it would help a lot.

Thanks!
davesudweeks

Re: Assistant Executive Secretary Access Please

Post by davesudweeks »

Is "Assistant Executive Secretary" listed in the handbook? If not, that would explain why you don't have access as the software follows the handbook. Custom callings don't grant any access to anything beyond what a regular member has so if your ward has created this calling to assist in the scheduling for the bishopric, they will have to provide the information to you to be successful in your assignment.

There is nothing anyone on this user-to-user help forum can do about it. You can provide feedback from any church web page as the official method to request features, or you can ask your bishop to convince your stake president to bring it up in his coordinating council.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Was this a calling issued by the Stake, or by the Bishop? In LCR if I try to add a calling to a member and choose the "Branch Presidency" organization (you'd see Bishopric), I don't see any options besides "Custom Calling" (which makes sense since the Stake handles those callings). You may want to circle back with whoever issued the calling so they're aware of this limitation you're under, they may not understand this particular aspect of LCR access.
cougar123

Post by cougar123 »

I am an assistant executive secretary newly called and I am having difficulty with the same issues, However since 2021 the hand book has been updated and I was called in by my stake. The handbook does say secretary and asst executive secretary but I have seen no changes or updates in my calling in the system or in my apps.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cougar123 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:10 pm I am an assistant executive secretary newly called and I am having difficulty with the same issues, However since 2021 the hand book has been updated and I was called in by my stake. The handbook does say secretary and asst executive secretary but I have seen no changes or updates in my calling in the system or in my apps.
According to the Access Table the assistant executive secretary has the same permissions and access as the executive secretary. Since you mentioned you were newly called there is a delay from when a calling is recorded in LCR before all permissions become active. If it has been more than 2 days since your calling was recorded then have your clerk check to see if the calling was entered as a standard calling or a custom calling. A custom calling has no permissions granted. Also a custom calling will have a "*" in front of the calling name in LCR even if the calling name is spelled exactly the same as the standard calling.

If the calling is recorded properly as a standard calling then there may still be permissions that have not been granted that match what 'should' be granted according to the Access Table. If this is the case then elevating the permissions issue up through the chain from your stake president needs to be taken.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

cougar123 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:10 pm I am an assistant executive secretary newly called and I am having difficulty with the same issues, However since 2021 the hand book has been updated and I was called in by my stake. The handbook does say secretary and asst executive secretary but I have seen no changes or updates in my calling in the system or in my apps.
Get with the stake clerk to record your calling in LCR. That starts the whole process.

Return to “Reports and Forms”