Sync Fails

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
barave1

Re: Sync Fails

Post by barave1 »

I’m having the same issue as well as my wife neither have have been able to sync up with lds tools for the last month or so. We have the iPhone X.
pbduersch

Post by pbduersch »

I’m serving as an Elders Quorum President and have not been able to sync since May 8. I have an iPhone 11. I used to regularly sync just before (or during) Ward Council Sunday mornings. I am having the same issues as mention by others above. Today I deleted the app and reinstalled it. No luck. And now I can’t even access the app. I am hoping a fix is made soon! I’m not the only one in my ward having these same very inconvenient issues.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

pbduersch wrote:... I’m not the only one in my ward having these same very inconvenient issues.
Just thinking out loud and speaking simply for myself ...

Might there be a pattern relative to the provider of cell-phone service? Do customers of one provider encounter this problem more than customers of other providers? If there's a quirk involving differences between providers in implementing protocols or such, that might possibly lead to a quicker solution.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I am on AT&T and son is on TMo. We both have this issue and cannot sync Member Tools. WiFi or cell service, doesn’t matter. Won’t sync. iPhone 12, 14.4.2. Son is on a iPhone XR 14.4.2
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm wondering if there's a pattern in the calling. Sometimes having extended access creates problems. Are the affected in the ward council or higher, or just "rank and file" members? So far, I'm noticing complaints from leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

There are two different threads on what appears to be the same issue. Rather than risk making a mess by trying to combine the threads, here's a link to the other thread, in case combining the information from both threads might be beneficial:

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=39079
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm wondering if there's a pattern in the calling. Sometimes having extended access creates problems. Are the affected in the ward council or higher, or just "rank and file" members? So far, I'm noticing complaints from leaders.
My son (22) has no current calling and is experiencing the sync issue. I am on the high council and have the issue.

We both can access our ward directory through a browser. So account access seems ok.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There were issues with sync processing yesterday.
alandd

Post by alandd »

I have had a sync problem for many months. Both my iPhone and iPad do not reliably sync. If they sync like they should it is by sheer luck.

The work-around that is usually successful is the following:
- Don’t sync on Sunday.
- Sign out of the app.
- Close the app.
- Open the app.
- Sign in on the app.
- Sync success.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jayevensen wrote:It doesn't help to sync on days other than Sunday. I'm a stake clerk, and I no longer can update Member Tools. I haven't been able to do so since May 17. Someone please help.
Are you able to send feedback from within the app? Feedback will include app details that may help the small programming team sort out what is going on (and is an official support channel - this forum is not). I have almost never had problems syncing, other than on Sundays when server load is high. I have sync'ed twice today with no issues. I'm running Android 9 and Member Tools 4.4.0 Beta.

[edit] I'm not saying you are not having problems - just that it may be somehow related to your specific device or install and not due to a worldwide system issue.

Return to “Member Tools”