Sync Fails

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ethprob

Sync Fails

Post by ethprob »

A surprisingly large number of people in my ward, myself included, have been unable to get member tools to sync. Reinstalling the app only deletes what information was on the phone. Does anyone know what is going on or how to fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sync Fails

Post by russellhltn »

Sync is problematic on Sundays. How is sync when done at quieter times?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ethprob

Post by ethprob »

russellhltn wrote:Sync is problematic on Sundays. How is sync when done at quieter times?
Still fails, even on a Thursday morning.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It would be helpful to identify the operating system version, Android or iOS, with the issue so those with experience with the appropriate system version can help troubleshoot. For example there seems to be identified issues with the iOS version in this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
yatesto

Post by yatesto »

I’m having the same issue: Member Tools fails to update manually or automatically. This has been a problem for nearly a month. Attempts to update during “low periods of inactivity” like 5:00 a.m. midweek makes no difference.

I’m using an iPhone XS Max, iOS 15.4

With many new members as well as callings, failure to update poses a great inconvenience.

Hopefully, someone can shed some light on a solution.
likeuntoammon

Post by likeuntoammon »

Has this issue been solved? My Iphone 11 pro max IOS 14. Whatever, has not been able to update member tools since 4/28 and it is 5/31 as I write this. Please help!
bigmike0640

Post by bigmike0640 »

This is a problem for me and several people in my ward as well. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to server" kind of error when I tried to update. I deleted the app and reinstalled, now when I sign in, it gets stuck "updating...". I'm on and iPhone X with iOS 14.4.2
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I haven't been able to sync this week either. Of course now is a busy time but I had problems during the week as well. It is stuck on Updating.... I'm on iOS 14.6.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Personally, I find that the best thing to try is to sync on a day other than Sunday.
jayevensen

Post by jayevensen »

It doesn't help to sync on days other than Sunday. I'm a stake clerk, and I no longer can update Member Tools. I haven't been able to do so since May 17. Someone please help.

Return to “Member Tools”