Tabernacle Choir Music for Stake Conference?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Tabernacle Choir Music for Stake Conference?

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:The church event team streamed the Tabernacle Choir music selections from their Zoom meeting where they had greater bandwidth.
Where did they get the music? I have a list of six hymns requested by our stake music director for our upcoming stake conference. I will be able to stream them if I can find them and download them.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Tabernacle Choir Music for Stake Conference?

Post by lajackson »

And a followup question. Will music at the YouTube General Conference Music -- The Tabernacle Choir work? Or will it run afoul of the copyright gremlins and green screen zappers?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The directive I was given was to use "conference" music. I'm assuming it's ok regardless of where you get it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:The directive I was given was to use "conference" music. I'm assuming it's ok regardless of where you get it.
I agree that it should be okay, but if I pull it form the YouTube site I am wondering if there will be potential trouble from the mindless computers involved in the transmission of the webcast.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I agree that it should be okay, but if I pull it form the YouTube site I am wondering if there will be potential trouble from the mindless computers involved in the transmission of the webcast.
At issue is "content matching". As I understand it, the copyright holder has to submit their work in such a way that the "content matcher" will look for it. It doesn't automatically look for content that matches other content on YouTube.

I'm guessing the Choir's record label submits their commercial work for content matching, but the church does not do that for General Conference.

You could try a test broadcast to see what happens.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Worst case, you could invert the video and add a drum track to throw off the content matching. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I recently got my first copyright notice from YouTube for a funeral I helped webcast.
YouTube notice.jpg
(55.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The notice also said, "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike."

Basically, they want to make sure I wasn't making money off the song they identified. It did NOT affect the live webcast at all, nor my standing with YouTube.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Basically, they want to make sure I wasn't making money off the song they identified. It did NOT affect the live webcast at all, nor my standing with YouTube.
That all depends on the copyright holder. Some of them are "blockers" and will take down your video or live stream if detected.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”