Secondary audio channel for meetinghouse webcast 3.0

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
johnzulick

Secondary audio channel for meetinghouse webcast 3.0

Post by johnzulick »

Does the meetinghouse webcasting 3.0 support a secondary audio channel for another language on a single Teradek encoder? For example can you create two URLs for the same event (English and Spanish) using the left channel for English and the right channel for Spanish with the same video?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Secondary audio channel for meetinghouse webcast 3.0

Post by russellhltn »

No.

In the case of sacrament or other meetings with less than 500 connections, you can use zoom webinar. That supports setting up a translator and members can select that the speaker or the translator.

For larger events, like stake conference, you'd use zoom to produce the meeting. You'd use a RTMP feed from zoom to the church webcast for English, and you'd give the Spanish speakers a link to the Webinar. (Assuming that wouldn't go over the 500 stream limit.)

Either way, you're not using the Teradek.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnzulick

Post by johnzulick »

Is there supporting documentation on how to do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnzulick wrote:Is there supporting documentation on how to do this?
A document was just released in the Zoom Webinar use for Stake Conference thread.

As far as how to do translation, I'd read Language interpretation in meetings and webinars.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

We do this all the time, we just use two encoders and schedule two separate meetings. We feed the same video into both encoders but feed different audio feeds. Then people choose which webcast meeting they want by choosing the language specified in the event title.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
wsieber

Post by wsieber »

What do you use as a second encoder, and secondarily do have a setup guide you can point me to? It has been suggested I use Zoom as a second encoder.

Thanks,

Bill Sieber
Green Bay Wisconsin Stake
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wsieber wrote: It has been suggested I use Zoom as a second encoder.
That works. Or Open Broadcaster Software (OBS). If your interpreter is off-site, I think it is easier to work with Zoom, though.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”