Zoom Webinar use for Stake Conference

Virtual visits, Multi-Stake conferences, Priesthood Leadership Conferences, Church Leadership Conferences
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Zoom Webinar use for Stake Conference

Post by Mikerowaved »

Ipiu2 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:55 am Buildings with Pre-wired Camera systems

- would you be able to do YouTube video of just the basic of cable connections using zoom to broadcast sacrament meeting in a building with a pre-wired camera system? The main issue I am having is the audio. If you can just show a basic setup of the audio. Multiple audio option is okay but maybe a different video for each. Thank you!
(No extra mic etc)
Unfortunately, the church has been installing PTZ cameras in stake centers for many years, starting with standard definition (SD) cameras. There are many revisions currently being used by the church at any one time as they systematically go about upgrading stake centers. To help you, we would have to know how your equipment rack or cabinet is currently configured. How are you currently getting your audio feed? What are you using to upload to Zoom? Notebook PC maybe?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

Let’s just say we have the latest technology.

I have zero to one percent knowledge of the tech lingos mentioned in the forums (google is my go to). If opossible, a simple connection using zoom via HDMI etc.

The video below can be redone but just the basics and not including any additional bonus items. But explain more in detail the basics. I have the camera showing in zoom but the sound connections is where I need help.

Buildings with Pre-wired Camera systems: https://youtu.be/iZEGO_5wlpY
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ipiu2 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 pm the sound connections is where I need help.
There's two routes - getting the sound from the sound system, or adding a separate mic to the podium to feed Zoom.

Getting the sound depends on if you can locate a output jack. For many, that will be a 3.5mm mono phone jack. Do you have that?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

Maybe just go over how the mixer is connected to the laptop and whatever other basic connections for audio purposes. If possible just show the required connections. A basic set up using existing installed camera with latest connections. Maybe connecting using a laptop with zoom or if there is any other simpler device. Basic and simple is the goal.
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

Yes, we can get that sound from the sound system.

I guess my next question is - how we get people watching on zoom to hear the speakers using an existing camera and the building sound system? Do I need a mixer? If so, what are connections from laptop to mixer and from mixer to building. On the video below, there are three connections from the mixer. Do I need all of them? Our building has all the newest set up.

One video below: The microphone chip connection from the laptop to the mixer with the red and yellow. I may or may not need that - what other options are available for that connection if I have the latest cables/connections.

Buildings with Pre-wired Camera systems: https://youtu.be/iZEGO_5wlpY

I appreciate all the help!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Let's keep it simple. Buy this device: SABRENT USB External Stereo Sound Adapter, and a 3.5mm cable that's long enough to get you from the PA to the laptop.

Adding a mixer is a "level up" from basic.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

That might work!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lm2 ... gGU1o/edit

I hope this will work for zooming sacrament meeting- From the pic above:

- For picture: Connect a HDMI cable from HDMI OUT to my laptop HDMI
- For audio: Connect this cable (https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External ... VQ0F8?th=1) using 3.5mm cable from RECORD OUT/LINE LEVEL to either USB-A or C on laptop.

Will it work?
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

Any other suggested/basic/connections/options using the set up below will be great?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lm2 ... gGU1o/edit

Thank you experts for your inputs!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ipiu2 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:18 pm For picture: Connect a HDMI cable from HDMI OUT to my laptop HDMI
It's unlikely your laptop can used the HDMI as a input. You'll need an adapter.

Ipiu2 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:18 pm For audio: Connect this cable (https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External ... VQ0F8?th=1) using 3.5mm cable from RECORD OUT/LINE LEVEL to either USB-A or C on laptop.
Yes. While the sound system says "Line" and the Sabrent says "mic", they'll work just fine.

Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

I’m sorry, Can you provide some examples of what adapters to use for the HDMI?

Return to “Stake Conference with Remote Participants”