CDOL Error 404

Discussions about other Church websites
ElderDuren

CDOL Error 404

Post by ElderDuren »

I'm a newer Clerk and am trying to access CDOL to edit the clerk information there to change the shipping address and such for the ward Staples account. When got to CDOL it allowed me to log in but after that there is just an error message at the top of the page no matter what I try to do that says "Sorry, the requested file does not exist. Please check your url and try again." I'm using the only link i can find for CDOL. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: CDOL Error 404

Post by russellhltn »

My go-to advice anytime a church website doesn't work right is to try incognito mode. The websites have a problem with cookie build-up over time that can cause a number of strange errors.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you using this URL?
CDOL.ChurchofJesusChrist.org
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wille

Post by wille »

When I use the URL https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/cdol/index.jsf it says "Not Available".
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

CDOL is no longer available outside of VPN access for employees.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

For reference, this post here There is a solution coming in Leader and Clerk Resources for local leaders..... indicates at some point we'll have a replacement in LCR. Perhaps CDOL was also removed "sooner than expected" along with MLS and the other internals that seem to be all broken at the same time. I'm certain it's not anything planned for, I feel for those scrambling to put things in place.

Granted, it would be nice to have a landing page with a simple message stating that CDOL isn't available, replacement coming soon, thanks for your patience. Otherwise unless you know about and search this Forum, you're quite unlikely to know what's going on.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

jonesrk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:37 pm CDOL is no longer available outside of VPN access for employees.
As an area seventy secretary I am a little concerned that we are going to be left without CDOL access. Our calling is a custom calling in LCR without any rights so we are unlikely to get access through an LCR update and we do not have access to the VPN system that the seventies themselves have.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mlh78 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:17 am
jonesrk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:37 pm CDOL is no longer available outside of VPN access for employees.
As an area seventy secretary I am a little concerned that we are going to be left without CDOL access. Our calling is a custom calling in LCR without any rights so we are unlikely to get access through an LCR update and we do not have access to the VPN system that the seventies themselves have.
Your situation is a known issue and they are working on addressing what is needed for your role.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

scgallafent wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:39 am
mlh78 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:17 am
Your situation is a known issue and they are working on addressing what is needed for your role.
Excellent - glad to hear it! Thanks for passing along this information.

Return to “Other Websites”