Audio playback stops when app is in the background

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
MLBrink1

Audio playback stops when app is in the background

Post by MLBrink1 »

The app update yesterday now causes the audio playback to stop as soon as the app is moved to the background or the phone locks the screen. I can’t find any settings that can be changed to prevent this.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Audio playback stops when app is in the background

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you updated iOS recently (in addition to updating the app)? Background audio playback is handled by the OS, and often playback problems are tied to iOS issues. Also, you could check to make sure you're not in low power mode, which may disable background processes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
christyrohrer

Post by christyrohrer »

I’m having the same problem. It worked just fine 2 days ago and now it won’t work when my phone “sleeps”. My iPhone is updated. It’s only been since the app update.
bishopnporter

Post by bishopnporter »

My iphone 12 is doing the same thing. Has anyone found a solution? My audible and itunes works when my iphone goes to sleep, but not this app.
lanmar

Post by lanmar »

iOS 15 was rolled out. You need to go to settings/Screen Time/Always Allow. Go to Library on the list and touch the + to the left of it. Search the list to add any other apps you want to play when device is dark.
tysonf2

Post by tysonf2 »

lanmar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am iOS 15 was rolled out. You need to go to settings/Screen Time/Always Allow. Go to Library on the list and touch the + to the left of it. Search the list to add any other apps you want to play when device is dark.
I had the same problem and tried this and I already had it added. My problem still stayed, so I just turned off my device and it started working again. Sometimes the simples fix works but probably won't fix everyone's issue.
amandean

Post by amandean »

Settings>screen time>always allow and then restarting worked for me
ctkofoed

Post by ctkofoed »

Thank you, this worked for me!!!
lanmar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am iOS 15 was rolled out. You need to go to settings/Screen Time/Always Allow. Go to Library on the list and touch the + to the left of it. Search the list to add any other apps you want to play when device is dark.
mauimom

Post by mauimom »

tysonf2 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:19 am
I had the same problem and tried this and I already had it added. My problem still stayed, so I just turned off my device and it started working again. Sometimes the simples fix works but probably won't fix everyone's issue.

I also turned mine off and now all is well! Thanks!!!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”