Zoom Webinar Features for Sacrament Meeting

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
bretbassett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Zoom Webinar Features for Sacrament Meeting

Post by bretbassett »

The attached PDF provides some features to consider using when utilizing Zoom Webinars for Sacrament Meetings
Attachments
Zoom Webinar Sacrament Meetings.pdf
(142.69 KiB) Downloaded 1375 times
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Zoom Webinar Features for Sacrament Meeting

Post by Mikerowaved »

Thanks for the very helpful PDF! Quick question. Since the following is recommended (as long as chat, raise hand, and other potential avenues of disruption are disabled):
Webinar Passcode – Generally a passcode is not needed for sacrament meetings using webinar since it is noninteractive for attendees and should be available to anyone who wants to join.
Wouldn't it also make sense for those using YouTube Live to be able to run a Worship Service meeting as "Public", as long as similar avenues of disruption are disabled?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

Zoom webinar and YouTube live "Unlisted" events are very similar if things like chat are disabled. They both require the viewer to have received the viewing link in order to watch the event. I don't think marking a meeting as "Public" on YouTube is bad, the benefit is it is searchable in YouTube. That said I would mark mine as "Unlisted" though because if I accidentally enabled post event viewing for an event we've been requested not to record (e.g. sacrament) the on demand video will be harder to find.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

bartj wrote:I don't think marking a meeting as "Public" on YouTube is bad, the benefit is it is searchable in YouTube. That said I would mark mine as "Unlisted" though because if I accidentally enabled post event viewing for an event we've been requested not to record (e.g. sacrament) the on demand video will be harder to find.
There's a switch I use in YT Live that automatically changes the video to "Unlisted" 60 seconds following the upload stream stopping. That gives me a chance to review them for quality issues before deleting them.

I compare this to Meetinghouse Webcaster where Worship Service meetings are generally public beforehand and are taken offline following the webcast. These videos can still be reviewed for a day or so by an STS (or ATS) that planned ahead and jotted the Event Codes down.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Dagostino_J

Post by Dagostino_J »

Hi all, the document say to use "Unregistered Webinar" to simplify the connection experience for remote attendees. I'm sorry, but we have to enter a Name AND an Email to access a webinar !!!! compared to a zoom meeting this isn't to simplify the connection experience !
Is there an other way to connect with our Name only ? Why is an email mandatory ?
Thanks for your reply if you have already experienced it !
Jerome.
Dagostino_J

Post by Dagostino_J »

In fact, this happened only if the participant do not have a zoom account or is not connected to his own zoom account. With your zoom account, zoom knows already your email an name ! But not every member or church friend has a zoom account created !!
Rtech815

Post by Rtech815 »

aside from accessing issues, how are you switching your video source in Zoom to prevent broadcasting the Sacrament portion of the meeting?
If we use YouTube to broadcast then using OBS as a broadcast manager / editor makes accomplishing this simple.
I do not see an option to run OBS or any other broadcast editor up front in Zoom.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

Rtech815 wrote:aside from accessing issues, how are you switching your video source in Zoom to prevent broadcasting the Sacrament portion of the meeting?
If we use YouTube to broadcast then using OBS as a broadcast manager / editor makes accomplishing this simple.
I do not see an option to run OBS or any other broadcast editor up front in Zoom.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
There are a couple of options I can think of. Using only Zoom, just mute and turn off the video for the chapel camera. Optionally, you can share a screen with a message that the sacrament ordinance is in progress. Then stop screen sharing, enable the camera and unmute when ready to resume the meeting.
You can use OBS as a front-end to feed into Zoom. OBS has a virtual camera plugin that Zoom recognizes as a camera source.
jarollman

Post by jarollman »

Since we are using personal computers for our sacrament streams, we use a program called ManyCam which gives us up to 4 video inputs. We currently have it setup for 2 cameras and 2 graphics (building outdoor picture & "Sacrament is being administered... The broadcast will resume shortly" graphic that includes a picture of the bread & cup). When the sacrament hymn is done being sung, and the organist plays one more verse, we dissolve to that graphic then mute the audio when the organist is finished playing. After the Sacrament is finished being administered, we dissolve back to the podium camera and un-mute the microphones.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”