Adding to a Marked Scripture

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevacor19

Adding to a Marked Scripture

Postby mevacor19 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:21 am

As I study the scriptures on my MacBook Pro, it is not uncommon for me to come to a scripture that I have already marked and to which I have attached labels, a note, and assigned to a notebook, but decide that I want to add the following verse and integrate it into the marked scripture with its note, etc.

For example, I have D&C 29:8 marked with an attached note, labels, and notebook assignment. But, as I am doing my "Come Follow Me" study, I realize that I would really like verse 9 to be a part of that scripture marking with the same attachments. How can I expand the currently marked scripture to include the next verse without it acting like a separate, independently marked scripture needing all of its own separate notes, etc.?

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Adding to a Marked Scripture

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:40 am

In the browser-based version of the scriptures (Gospel Library Online), if you click on the existing highlight, it will activate the highlight for editing. You can then drag the blue selection handles to resize the selection area. (Don't double-click or drag on the text – that will create a new highlight. Just a single click should work to bring up the selection handles.)

The process is similar in Android Gospel Library – tap (don't long-press, just a quick tap) on the existing highlight, and you will see handles that allow you to resize the selection area.

Unfortunately, iOS Gospel Library doesn't allow you to resize an existing highlight, because of limitations in iOS' built-in text selection tool – but, any changes you make on the website will sync down to the Gospel Library app, so you can use the browser-based version when you need to resize a highlight, and it will sync from there to your other devices.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

mevacor19

Re: Adding to a Marked Scripture

Postby mevacor19 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:14 am

Thank you.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”