Online Donations Not Working.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Donations Not Working.

Post by russellhltn »

Something you haven't mentioned trying is a different browser or computer.

Church websites have problems when the cookies build up. I'd suggest you try incognito mode as a test. There's a good chance that GSD will ask you to do that if you haven't already.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lcorrales

Post by lcorrales »

russellhltn wrote:Something you haven't mentioned trying is a different browser or computer.

Church websites have problems when the cookies build up. I'd suggest you try incognito mode as a test. There's a good chance that GSD will ask you to do that if you haven't already.

I've cleaned out my cookies, cache, etc. I've tried the incognito way as well. I still don't get the online tithing slip so I can fill it out for my tithing. None of my feedback emails have been responded to. It's obviously a website technical issue but I don't understand why no one is responding to my help requests.
DeeRSmi

Post by DeeRSmi »

I keep getting this on the donation page. This page isn’t workingIf the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 400
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

There's a chance clearing your browser's cache and deleting relevant cookies might help. If you have other devices/computers or browsers available, they might be able to get through.

Have you successfully donated online before? If not, are you sure you are in a country where online donations are supported? If you have not donated online before and are in a country where it is supported, please make sure your Membership Record Number is connected with your account. Your ward clerk could help with that.

If the above do not help, you could use the Feedback button to request official help. This is a user-to-user discussion forum, so nobody here can help directly.
craig.mccune

Post by craig.mccune »

I have made all my Church donations online for years. This week, Mar 7-9, 2023 my donation screen gives me the following error message:
" This page isn't working, HTTP Error 400
1. from website: donations.churchofjesuschrist.org
2. I use google chrome
[Personal information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Did you try clearing your browser's cache, deleting cookies, and (if feasible) trying a different device or browser?

Did you just move from a country where online donations are allowed to one where they aren't?

Were there any other recent changes made to your account or profile?

Does the problem persist for more than a few hours? ... more than a couple of days?
Madd_the_Sane

Post by Madd_the_Sane »

I haven't been able to get to the donation page. The most I get is a blank window titled "Submit This Form"

Oops, spoke too soon: Looks like it's a proxy error:
Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request

Reason: Error reading from remote server
I guess that might explain why it's taking too long to display the web page.

And… now it's working.
Jasonsh

Post by Jasonsh »

Online donations do not work, it pop up a message that reads Are you older than 13 years old? when I click NO it just freezes.However, if I click Yes it shows that 13 years old can not make donations. It is just the online donations page that does let me in. I have cleared my browser's cache and deleted all the cookies without success.

Previously I have been using the paper slip method but bc my busy schedule and work, I would like to make online donations.

Also when I check my profile it shows my membership number, so I guess it is linked to my LDS account.

Thanks

Shawn
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Are you able to view your ward directory and calendar? If so, that's fairly strong evidence your MRN is linked to your Church Account.

Not seeing a location for you. Some countries don't have online donations enabled.

Your ward clerk can probably help you get past the difficulties and get online donations set up if it can be done in your area.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest using incognito mode. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's our old friend, the cookie buildup problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”