Online Donations Not Working.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
bbarnes12

Online Donations Not Working.

Post by bbarnes12 »

For about a month now, there has been an error page that has popped up when I try to access online donations. I have made sure I am signed in, I have tried refreshing the page, but I am still not getting anywhere. I am not sure if it is just an error on my side or a glitch in the website? Any help would be appreciated.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donations Not Working.

Post by rmrichesjr »

What exactly does the error page say? (minus any personal/confidential information that should not be made public)

It's possible that clearing the browser cache and deleting relevant cookies _might_ help. If you have a browser that has an incognito or private mode, that might be worth trying. Others might reply with other suggestions.

In order to get official help/support, please use the 'Feedback' button or link. If you have already tried clearing browser cache and deleting cookies, make sure to say you have already tried that to avoid being told to do that.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

FWIW, I just completed an online donation moments ago. No issues. I am using the Chrome browser in Win10.
gschilling

Post by gschilling »

Some of my online donations are missing. Last year, I went to my ward clerk who gave me both my donations and my husband's. But this year, 2021, my husband is dead; thus, all my donations should be visible. February is missing entirely although it appears on my bank statement. Are the donations entered electronically/by computer? Or does a tech person enter them? Thanks for your help! HELP!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Were the missing donations made using your deceased husband's Church Account? If so you can ask your ward clerk to provide a statement for your deceased husband.

Were all your donations made online at donations.churchofjesuschrist.org? Or were some made using the paper donations method? All donations made online at donations.churchofjesuschrist.org using your Church Account credentials will appear on your Donation History page. If some were made using the paper Tithing and Other Offerings slip then they may have been processed under your deceased husband's name.

For all cases contact your ward clerk to see what the ward has for donations under your name and account as well as under your deceased husbands name and account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lcorrales

Post by lcorrales »

I haven't been able to use the online donations page either. All that loads is the donation history and statement. There is no online "donation slip" like there used to be. I've tried logging off and logging back in. I've tried accessing it from my laptop, phone, and iPad and nothing changes. I've sent feedbacks for 3 weeks now and I've not received any response. I normally use Chrome, but tried using Bing and still can't find the donation slip. It goes automatically to my donation history.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

lcorrales wrote:I haven't been able to use the online donations page either. All that loads is the donation history and statement. There is no online "donation slip" like there used to be. I've tried logging off and logging back in. I've tried accessing it from my laptop, phone, and iPad and nothing changes. I've sent feedbacks for 3 weeks now and I've not received any response. I normally use Chrome, but tried using Bing and still can't find the donation slip. It goes automatically to my donation history.
Did you move from one country to another? IIUC, online donations are not available in all countries.

Another quick experiment would be to clear browser cache and delete relevant cookies. Having tried different devices and browsers would seem to indicate that probably won't help, but it might be worth a couple of minutes to try.

A method with much higher likelihood of success is to contact your ward/branch clerk. If he does not have an answer, he can connect you with the Global Services Department, who can almost certainly find an answer.
lcorrales

Post by lcorrales »

rmrichesjr wrote:
lcorrales wrote:I haven't been able to use the online donations page either. All that loads is the donation history and statement. There is no online "donation slip" like there used to be. I've tried logging off and logging back in. I've tried accessing it from my laptop, phone, and iPad and nothing changes. I've sent feedbacks for 3 weeks now and I've not received any response. I normally use Chrome, but tried using Bing and still can't find the donation slip. It goes automatically to my donation history.
Did you move from one country to another? IIUC, online donations are not available in all countries.

Another quick experiment would be to clear browser cache and delete relevant cookies. Having tried different devices and browsers would seem to indicate that probably won't help, but it might be worth a couple of minutes to try.

A method with much higher likelihood of success is to contact your ward/branch clerk. If he does not have an answer, he can connect you with the Global Services Department, who can almost certainly find an answer.

I haven't moved. I'm at the same address. I mean, it seems to be a glitch with the site, so I'm not sure how my ward clerk can help.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

lcorrales wrote:I haven't moved. I'm at the same address. I mean, it seems to be a glitch with the site, so I'm not sure how my ward clerk can help.
Your ward clerk can connect you with the Global Services Department. If they can't find a solution directly, they can escalate the problem report to engineering to get it fixed.
lcorrales

Post by lcorrales »

rmrichesjr wrote:
lcorrales wrote:I haven't moved. I'm at the same address. I mean, it seems to be a glitch with the site, so I'm not sure how my ward clerk can help.
Your ward clerk can connect you with the Global Services Department. If they can't find a solution directly, they can escalate the problem report to engineering to get it fixed.

Thank you!

Return to “Online Donations”