latterdaysaintschannel.org not resolving to main Saints Channel page

Discussions about other Church websites
JamesAnderson

Re: latterdaysaintschannel.org not resolving to main Saints Channel page

Post by JamesAnderson »

True, but this is another top-level domain that should point to the page on the churchofjesuschrist.org that it was created for. So latterdaysaintschannel.org should point to saintschannel.churchofjesuschrist.org, rather than as now it points to a subpage on the Saints Channel website.

That was how the page before the name changes worked. mormonchannel.lds.org pointed to radio.lds.org originally, that was a unique domain created to point to that, was used in a lot of things, bulletin board postings, cards, other things.

I plsn tto use QR codes extensively in personal missionary efforts on the member-missionary side, so I want to be sure anything with the domain actually goes to the Saints Channel website, and having latterdaysaintschannel.org point right at the primary page on the church website so people will go to it using latterdaysaintschannel.org and the domain mask would take care of the rest
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:I can't think of any *.churchofjesuschrist.org that doesn't immediately re-direct to something under churchofjesuschrist.org
Hehe, how about tech.churchofjesuschrist.org? I also found these subdomains, cdol, tm, jesuschrist, newsroom, store, providentliving, gcn, lcr don't redirect to the parent domain. There's probably more.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Hehe, how about tech.churchofjesuschrist.org? I also found these subdomains, cdol, tm, jesuschrist, newsroom, store, providentliving, gcn, lcr don't redirect to the parent domain. There's probably more.
Heh, I did say I couldn't think of any. Not that there isn't any. :oops:

But the fact remains, saintschannel.churchofjesuschrist.org appears to be a re-direct, not a "destination" site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Websites”