LDSAccess WiFi

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
BlairEsplin

LDSAccess WiFi

Post by BlairEsplin »

Despite having Liahona and Lehi, our buildings still have LDSAccess with the Pioneer47 password. I thought than when Liahona came out that LDSAccess was deactivated.

How do we deactivate LDSAccess?
Biggles

Re: LDSAccess WiFi

Post by Biggles »

I’m guessing that you still have some old Cisco AP’s, instead of Meraki AP’s. Until the old AP’s are replaced, or disconnected, LDSAccess will still be active.

Another thought maybe there is another type of nonstandard AP device still installed.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Biggles wrote:Another thought maybe there is another type of nonstandard AP device still installed.
That sounds very possible, since many wards and stakes bought their own residential routers and connected them to the network. The STS needs to be made aware of this issue.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:I’m guessing that you still have some old Cisco AP’s, instead of Meraki AP’s.
I've seen that too. For some reason, long after the meetinghouses were updated, the Institute of Religion building near the state university still had the old APs and Routers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And check the modem. We had an enterprising individual set up the old SSID and password on the actual cable modem one time.
BlairEsplin

Post by BlairEsplin »

Thank you for the replies. I am the STS so I need to get this figured out.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

You could install an app on your phone or laptop that displays Wi-Fi signals and their strengths, and then walk around the meetinghouse until you find the source of the LDSAccess signal. I've don that before to locate WAPs that are not easy to see.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

Does it show the SSID in the TM portal?

Currently you can enable and disable both Liahona and Lehi, perhaps you have an extra option for LDS access?

Otherwise I would escalate it to FM.
dnslynn

Post by dnslynn »

I'm wondering how this issue was finally resolved. I have a remote unit that had one MR33 initially stay on LDS Access at the changeover to Liahona. At the time I called GSD, and, as I remember it, they reconfigured things in the Meraki cloud manager to resolve the issue. Yesterday I was out at that building (installing a new clerk computer) and noticed that LDSAccess was still being used as the SSID for that access point (though only on the 5GHz band). Soft rebooting it through TM didn't solve the issue. Unfortunately, since it was a Saturday, there was no help available via GSD, and (as I had two more remote units to set up clerk computers for) I didn't have time to get in the attic and hard reset it. Since the unit is 75 miles away, it is difficult to be there when GSD is available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would check to make sure it's connected properly. It needs to have a direct connection to the Meraki firewall (no switches) and the firewall's port set to "AP".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”