YSA Ward Relief Society President and required Protecting Children and Youth Training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mattw1975

YSA Ward Relief Society President and required Protecting Children and Youth Training

Post by mattw1975 »

The Relief Society president of the Young Single Adult (YSA) ward in my stake received a message about Youth Protection Training. There are no children or youth in her YSA ward. Can she simply ignore the reminders she gets that her training is not yet complete? Or is there a way to restrict these auto-generated emails from going to YSA callings?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: YSA Ward Relief Society President and required Protecting Children and Youth Training

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know what the trigger is, but you might want to check your membership roster. It's not unusual for a 17-yo who has graduated high school to show up in a YSA Student ward.

Either way, there's nothing magical about turning 18 that makes someone immune from abuse. It's probably not a bad idea for a YSA ward to have training in spotting it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: YSA Ward Relief Society President and required Protecting Children and Youth Training

Post by davesudweeks »

If I were to receive that message, I would just take the training and be done with it. It only takes 5-10 minutes and is not difficult to complete. I took it at least twice when it first came out because as the clerk I knew I would be asked to show people how to do it (and it didn't record correctly the first time I took it).

Return to “General Discussions”