Changed email address does not save ...

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
johnsonrc

Changed email address does not save ...

Post by johnsonrc »

In my account settings, I change the email address to one I just created. Clicking on the save button brings up an error message "A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our Help Page.". Attempts with different email address produces the same error message. Why can't I update my account email contact address?
Nannabrons

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Post by Nannabrons »

Hi My Name is Nancy Brons
I changed my password and user name recently, but I now can't see any of my donation history for previous years.
I can't remember my previous user name or password, so I created new ones.
What have I done wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Nannabrons wrote:I can't remember my previous user name or password, so I created new ones.
What have I done wrong?
New account - no history. The system has no way of knowing the new you is the same as the old you.

I'd suggest asking your ward clerk for the phone number of the Global Service Desk and call them about having your accounts merged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

johnsonrc wrote:In my account settings, I change the email address to one I just created. Clicking on the save button brings up an error message "A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our Help Page.". Attempts with different email address produces the same error message. Why can't I update my account email contact address?
Can you try again? There was a bug in the last release that affected a few people which prevented them from being able to change their contact information. We *think* we have it fixed now! :)
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

Nannabrons wrote:I can't remember my previous user name or password, so I created new ones.
What have I done wrong?
You can also visit https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/recovery and try entering your Email, Phone, or Church Membership Information. Each one will search and show you a list of all accounts that are tied to each of those. The Church Membership one should return the account that your church membership information is actually tied to. As you continue in the recovery process, the full username will be sent to you. If you need to change the password of an account, just complete the recovery process.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cstaber wrote:As you continue in the recovery process, the full username will be sent to you. If you need to change the password of an account, just complete the recovery process.
Excellent advice, but I notice that Nannabrons specifically mentioned donation history. I think there's a high probably this member now has donations from multiple accounts and would want to merge them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I notice that Nannabrons specifically mentioned donation history. I think there's a high probably this member now has donations from multiple accounts and would want to merge them.
That will require the assistance of the Global Services Department.

Return to “Church Account”