More Permanent Setup for Sacrament Meeting Broadcasts

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
mgthatch

Re: More Permanent Setup for Sacrament Meeting Broadcasts

Post by mgthatch »

Brad,
If you aren't going to use overlays or anything, the AV-1081 will let you livestream directly from the camera. https://www.avipas.com/how-to-materials links to a "How to live stream via RTMP" pdf that walks you through how to set that up. Then you could just use the included remote to switch between presets.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

Ya, I saw that. AViPAS makes nice cameras.

My problem is we need overlays for sacrament. We used to do sacrament 15 minutes in, and I suspect we go back to that practice next year. OBS lets me have a simple scene to overlay an image with a note about an ongoing sacrament service, then easily switch back, without interrupting the RTMP broadcast. The other problem is audio mixing. We've found we need two mics, one for speakers, one for music, sometimes both. I need an easy way to mix audio. The camera doesn't let me do that easily either.
jnpetersen

Post by jnpetersen »

So one thing I've been looking for in cameras is getting ones that have NDI support. This one has NDI support https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MZ ... 48KZ&psc=1 and the nice thing is you can get the NDI plugin for OBS. It will allow you to find the video/audio stream from that camera in OBS and use it with your existing OBS overlays.

I'm hoping as my stake starts to order equipment that we get these types of cameras as the nice thing is, you can purchase NDI decoders, or use a computer with software to pick up these NDI feeds that you could ultimately display the feed in rooms around the building. That being said, you can also set OBS to be an NDI "feed" so then you can select this feed from rooms to get the overlays as well.

As things progress in my Stake, I'll make sure to document and post how we are doing it.
awchan13

Post by awchan13 »

Anyone have any updates on permanent PTZ setups for their regular buildings? It's been a few months since the last post. Just wondering how things are working etc...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

awchan13 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:28 pm Anyone have any updates on permanent PTZ setups for their regular buildings?
I haven't heard of any change from "FM will only pay for the stake center". So, wards and stakes will have to fund their own solution for the regular buildings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

If you're looking to kit out a building that's not a stake centre, you might want to have a look at the Cisco / Tandberg ttc8-02.

You can pick them up for very little on ebay. They output a clean HDMI signal. Good 10x optical zoom.

Just need a HDMI capture device to get the video feed into a computer.

It would be great if we could get NDI PTZ cameras in every chapel. That would provide flexibility and future proofing, but in reality they are still very expensive, even for the entry level non branded Chinese ones.
Lds_drummer_chef

Post by Lds_drummer_chef »

swigginton wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am Here's what we did for our buildings. We fabricated a webcam mount that clamps to the base of the microphone boom. There is a rubber liner to prevent scuffing the boom, and a setscrew to lock the camera boom. Cable is mounted into the pulpit under the mic mount and out the bottom through a small hole. Keeps the camera at eye level and minimally intrusive. By attaching to the mic boom, the speaker stays in frame as the mic is raised or lowered for taller/shorter folks.
20210409_102929.jpg20210409_102934.jpg20210409_125819.jpg
Do you have the STL or vector file of that clamp?
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

Lds_drummer_chef wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:24 am Do you have the STL or vector file of that clamp?
Unfortunately, I don't. It was done by hand. We just took measurements of the mic boom and built from there. Replicated for our 3 buildings and did 4 more for a neighboring stake. Here are the parts we used:
  • 1/2" x 2" aluminum 6061 flat bar for the mount (2 pieces sandwiched and drilled to create the clamp). Made the mic boom hole slightly larger than needed and lined with rubber to prevent scuffing. Drilled, recessed and tapped the screw holes.
  • Socket head cap screws, hex drive, 10-32 x 3/4" black oxide coated.
  • 1/4" steel rod for the camera mount, bent to shape and threaded at 1/4-20 on the end for the tripod mount with a wingnut for adjusting.
  • Flat black paint to match the mic base/boom color.
Hopefully, that helps. We're still using them and they are working well. The FM group really likes them because they are non-permanent and non-intrusive, while still looking like they belong.
awchan13

Post by awchan13 »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:36 pm
awchan13 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:28 pm Anyone have any updates on permanent PTZ setups for their regular buildings?
I haven't heard of any change from "FM will only pay for the stake center". So, wards and stakes will have to fund their own solution for the regular buildings.
Thanks. Our stake has decided to pay the FM's installer to install church spec systems in our two meetinghouses. The stake presidency really wants to improve the zoom/youtube experience for regular services as well as funerals etc...
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

awchan13 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:40 am Thanks. Our stake has decided to pay the FM's installer to install church spec systems in our two meetinghouses. The stake presidency really wants to improve the zoom/youtube experience for regular services as well as funerals etc...
I haven't heard of any ward buildings getting approved for permanent camera installs. In fact, the last I heard (from my FM manager) is the presiding bishopric has made it clear that NO ward meetinghouses are to be modified for camera installs. I would proceed cautiously and only with the blessing of your FM manager.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”