tags not working

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
dewdean

tags not working

Post by dewdean »

When using the Gospel Library on my PC, I can't add a tag. When I click on 'add tag' nothing happens.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (16.49 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: tags not working

Post by russellhltn »

My standard advice for website problems: try incognito mode. If it works, then you need to clear some church website cookies.

Apparently the church websites suffer from growing cookies and it can cause problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dewdean

Post by dewdean »

Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (13.22 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
Thanks for the reply. I tried incognito mode. The issue persists. I can't add a tag or add to a notebook
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The blue text isn't a link – which is confusing, because it breaks the pattern of what most users would expect on the web. It's actually a text input box.
Clicking where it says "Add tag" will put your cursor in the box, and you can start typing, which will bring up an autocomplete dropdown.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dewdean

Post by dewdean »

Thank you Samuel Bradshaw. You solved my problem. Too bad the programmers had to do things the hard way :roll: :roll:
r053mar13

Post by r053mar13 »

I have been able to create new tags no problem until a few days ago when I couldn’t create a newly-worded tag. I could select a tag previously written. Today I thought to try selecting “return” before “save” and was able to successfully create a newly-worded tag! Yay for inspiration! : D
reesec

Post by reesec »

Thanks for the idea. I just hit the return and then saved and tags now work!!
r053mar13

Post by r053mar13 »

That solution worked for awhile, but the tags are not working for me. When I try to tag, my phone jumps out of the app. I have an iPhone 6s—is it not being able to accommodate the last update?
I am hoping I will be able to tag again because it is a cool way to categorize my highlights. : )
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

r053mar13 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:28 pm That solution worked for awhile, but the tags are not working for me. When I try to tag, my phone jumps out of the app. I have an iPhone 6s—is it not being able to accommodate the last update?
I am hoping I will be able to tag again because it is a cool way to categorize my highlights. : )
The iPhone 6s was released in 2015, so it's starting to get older, but it can be updated to iOS 15. The current version of iOS Gospel Library, 6.5.4, supports iOS 15 or newer. So the latest version of Gospel Library should be able to run on your device. What version of iOS and Gospel Library do you have installed? You can check your Gospel Library version under Gospel Library Settings > App Details.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
r053mar13

Post by r053mar13 »

Thank you for your reply! My iPhone currently has been updated to 15.7.9 . I have continued to have troubles tagging—it still jumps out of the app. I have been writing “tags” in the Notes section. 🙂 Looks like I will probably have this dilemma ‘til I get a new phone 😊

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”