Non-member registering for LDS Institute

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
j27smith

Non-member registering for LDS Institute

Post by j27smith »

Hello, I’m not a member of the church but per my housing contract must register for an LDS Institute class. I obviously don’t have a membership record number, but whenever I login to MyInstitute and click on ‘register’ for a specific class, it tells me “We were not able to find a student for this account. Are you a member of the church?”. I click no and nothing happens, click yes and it tells me “There was a problem loading your account. Please connect your membership record number to your church account username”.

I just want to register for this class, any help is appreciated. I sent a form to tech support, but maybe someone here has an answer.
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-member registering for LDS Institute

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to give that Institute a call. Or call the housing office since they're the ones making the requirement.

The forum tries to be helpful, but this is a little out of our normal area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you have roommates or neighbors who attend institute, they might be able to help you get in touch with the institute instructor/teacher, who can help you get registered (or you could attend the first week of the institute class, and talk to the instructor in person).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
fotovoltaica

Post by fotovoltaica »

I'm in venezuela and the same happens to me.
cblancomontero

Post by cblancomontero »

Hello, same issue here.

Does someone find the solution? definitely, the website does not work for non-members. if you click nothing happens.
VanLeeuwenDR

Post by VanLeeuwenDR »

This has been corrected with the implementation of https://myinstitute.ChurchofJesusChrist.org. You can now find classes near you and when you click on "Register" there is a Quick Signup that just requires your name, email, and birth date.

Return to “Church Account”