Export of all Scripture Tags and Notes?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
spierce01

Export of all Scripture Tags and Notes?

Post by spierce01 »

I've read through many forum posts and I think I'm concluding correctly that this no way to currently export scripture tags and notes to a human readable file? For example, I just want to be able to download the hundreds of scripture tags into a spreadsheet, rather than typing them all out. They are getting a little sloppy and I want to reorganize them, but it's a little clunky to do that in the app. Any suggestions?
boorocky

Re: Export of all Scripture Tags and Notes?

Post by boorocky »

I believe you can share them when you select to do so within the Notebooks part of LDS Scriptures app on an iPhone. Good Luck!
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I have tried this several times over the years with very poor results. I just tried this morning and the best results I've ever had, so it appears some significant improvements have been made! It appears to have exported ALL of my notes/highlights which is the first time they've all come through. It appeared to have almost all of my recorded notes (I've seen them truncated in past downloads, IIRC). There were a couple cases where it didn't include the entire note, but that was rare and I haven't found a consistent pattern of when it didn't include it all. The biggest thing that I think was missing is there were no tags. That would be really helpful to include in the export, but all things considered I'm very happy that I got as much data as I got, just to have my own personal backup "just in case".
msawyer

Post by msawyer »

+4 (our family) for this feature request!

I have used the export notebook feature, but it would be awesome to either include tags in that export, or provide another method to export tags to csv, XML, json, anything to just have another copy of the work that has gone into creating these notes. It would be nice to be able to print them from time to time and add them to our journals.

thank you!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”