Member Tools app not working

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member Tools app not working

Post by russellhltn »

dennissummers wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:56 am Any way Lds tools seems to be in a place that a Samsung smart phone FE20 is no longer compatable.
Make sure the Google Play store is up to date. On my phone running Android 13, that's in the same location as checking the phone's update and not in the Play Store itself. As I recall, Member Tools relies on routines that are built into Google Play.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dennissummers wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:56 am So I have to conclude it is an issue with LDS tools.
If it really is LDS tools then I believe that is a really old version. The current version is call Member Tools (in the store) and just Tools on my icon.
l0riannP62

Post by l0riannP62 »

I'm having the same issue here. The calendar will open, I see it trying to sync and it does that for about 5 minutes and eventually, I get a message that says to try again later. I have tried it every day since last Sunday (and BTW, I was at home when I tried to access the calendar). I've synced it several times manually, and that does nothing. I have turned my phone off and on and that does nothing, either. The only way I can view the calendar is to login to the church's website, that is a work around, but kind of inconvenient when you want to check something within the Member Tools app really quick.
Suggestions, anyone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try logging out and back in to clear the data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dennisgile

Post by dennisgile »

Has anyone figure out how to get tools to work. I’ve read numerous posts of same issue, all the resets, restarts, middle of week, fete app and reinstall, tired it all, none of it works. Frustrating.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dennisgile wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:17 pm Has anyone figure out how to get tools to work. I’ve read numerous posts of same issue, all the resets, restarts, middle of week, fete app and reinstall, tired it all, none of it works. Frustrating.
What platform? You might want to make sure it's not too old. Some old versions are no longer supported as they lack modern security features.

If on Android, make sure Google Play store is installed and up to date.

paulpaul

Post by paulpaul »

I Have had the same issue for months. I have not found a solution to the app, but you can access all the same information through churchofjesuschrist.org and searching “ward directory” hopefully this helps someone.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I Have had the same issue for months. I have not found a solution to the app...
As previously mentioned, could you share the type and version of the OS of the phone you have? The more specific you are, the better chance you have that another Forum member might be able to point you to a possible solution that is specific to your situation.
mstruthers

Post by mstruthers »

I'm running on an Samsung S9+. Android 10.

The app used to work great, but it hasn't been operational for me for weeks and I haven't been able to use it.

Today I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling, changing storage locations hasn't fixed it either. (SD card, internal).

It's there a database library that's missing? Files to delete/clear my hand?
Creedpotter

Post by Creedpotter »

Has anyone solved this? I have an IPad running version 17. It works on my phone but not my tablet. Both have the latest Apple version 17. I have tried installing and uninstalling.

Return to “Member Tools”