Member Tools app not working

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
richpeay

Re: Member Tools app not working

Post by richpeay »

I am having issues with the app also. I try and open the app and then it closes out. I have tried multiple days. Turning off my phone and restarting. I still am not able to open it.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Have you tried re-installing the app?
avallett

Post by avallett »

My sidebar doesn't show anything and I'm not under the household.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't work.
I can't do my Relief Society reports and so forth.
How can this be resolved?
Thank you!
caillines

Post by caillines »

Did you previously have those things showing up (as in, is this a recent issue)?
If this is the first time you've tried to access these things, make sure that your church account has your membership information attached to it https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership
shellyfisher

Post by shellyfisher »

is the passworkd for the tools app and on computer the same? I cant log on to the app but can on the computer. I have reset twice
caillines

Post by caillines »

shellyfisher wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:28 pm is the passworkd for the tools app and on computer the same? I cant log on to the app but can on the computer. I have reset twice
Yes. The password for tools and logging into the church website are the same password.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

shellyfisher wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:28 pm is the passworkd for the tools app and on computer the same? I cant log on to the app but can on the computer. I have reset twice
After you reset your password, it may take some time (an hour or two) for the change to be active for all of the Church apps and websites. How long did you wait after resetting your password, before trying to sign in again to Member Tools?

Does it tell you your username or password is incorrect, or does it give you another error?

The apps currently don't support the "Security Key or Built-in Authenticator" two-step verification option (see this thread). By chance do you have that set as your main two-step verification option on your account?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
julenejk

Post by julenejk »

My Member Tools app on my iPhone is completely blank. When I click on it to open it, everything is blank: no directory, no access to organizations, etc. I have tried to delete it and reinstall, but it doesn't help. For awhile it was saying that I needed to click on Background App Refresh but my phone will not allow me to do that. What can I do?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

julenejk wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:37 pm My Member Tools app on my iPhone is completely blank. When I click on it to open it, everything is blank: no directory, no access to organizations, etc. I have tried to delete it and reinstall, but it doesn't help. For awhile it was saying that I needed to click on Background App Refresh but my phone will not allow me to do that. What can I do?
I found this article, How To Fix Background App Refresh Greyed Out on iPhone, from an Internet search. It looks like it may provide some things to rectify your situation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dennissummers

Post by dennissummers »

I have used lds tools for many years but something has happened in the last few months and now all I can do is get a message saying Lds tools is not available at this time please try again later. I have taken my phone to many in my ward who are computer type geeks. They try multiple fixes and reinstall and update and phone system operations and security settings Ll with the same results. Lds tools is not available at this time please try again later. Later has turned into over 2 months. I live near Rexburg Idaho and I have taken my phone to our Stake technology expert.
I have been sending e mail to the tech support group, and they sent a list of things to try and to confirm
I can still log into my main church account with ease. To error is human but to really mess things up you need a computer.
Any way Lds tools seems to be in a place that a Samsung smart phone FE20 is no longer compatable.
In dealing with big corporate giants like LDS tool and Samsung they both want to blame the other for this problem. I do use my Samsung smart phone for many different apps that all work as advertised. So I have to conclude it is an issue with LDS tools.

Return to “Member Tools”