schedule temple appointment

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
janiecej

Re: schedule temple appointment

Post by janiecej »

Thank you!
dereklwheeler

Post by dereklwheeler »

I've been getting the same error.
I have tried the Tools app and Chrome browser on my android phone and then my windows 10 desktop using Chrome. I tried on my desktop using windows edge and I could schedule an appointment.

FYI: Only Windows 10 desktop with Chrome gives me the above error with the sad face. My Phone does not give me an error at all; it just does not work... like the links disabled in tools to reserve a time slot.
folkmbr

Post by folkmbr »

davesudweeks wrote:
princesa225 wrote:I am having the exact same problem. I have cleared my cache and cookies, tried incognito, and nothing works. I sent a message through the feedback link as mentioned above. Hopefully something will be done to fix this error.
I have the same problem - try the same solutions and it doesn't help, I wait a day or two and it works, then doesn't - today I get: id.churchofjesuschrist.org refused to connect - no matter what browser, device, mode, etc.
jamador7

Post by jamador7 »

same thing happens to me and same error message for two days running now.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jamador7 wrote:same thing happens to me and same error message for two days running now.
On another thread, I saw there was a problem reported with the LCR portion of the church website yesterday that was fixed and is back again today (they are working on it). I don't know if that has a spill-over effect to the temple reservations sites, but if it does it could explain the difficulties. If you can reserve over the telephone with your temple, I recommend you try that. If not, we just have to be patient. The developer group is quite small and always work as quickly as they can on these issues.
jstapp

Post by jstapp »

janiecej wrote:My Father and I are living together. When I schedule an appointment, it shows up on his list, with my name in the attending column. He can not schedule anything because it says he has reached the limit for that ordinance. He doesn’t have any ordinances scheduled, just me. It’s like I’m linked as his spouse or something. Any suggestions? I’m single. He’s widowed.
I am seeing something similar. I do not work for the Church, but I work in software testing and see something similar pretty often. I think they are using cookies to keep track of who is logged in, but aren't totally clearing cookies. So, parts of the software think the other person is still logged in. I can avoid this by
  • Using "Incognito Mode" on Chrome
  • Using a different browser (ex. one use Chrome, one use Firefox)
  • In Chrome clicking the head icon in the upper right-hand corner and clicking"+ Add". That adds a separate profile. Then if you both use different profiles, you should avoid this problem
lightningdove

Post by lightningdove »

I'm getting errors when trying to access my temple appointment schedule as well. I have an upcoming appointment that I was able to book about a week ago, but I can't access the screen to view the appointment time, or add another ordinance. I just get an error screen that states, "id.churchofjesuschrist.org refused to connect".
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

I haven't been able to reproduce this myself, but you may try going to the church's main website https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng and sign in there first. If it shows you are signed in, sign out, then sign back in again. Then, navigate to temples and temple appointments. (Instead of going to temple appointments directly and signing in from that site)

If you still encounter the issue - do the first part above - sign in to the main church website. Then in a new tab go to your email and look for the confirmation email of your appointment. The email should have a button or link to edit the appointment which is designed to take you directly to your appointment - After signing in to the church's website, try clicking that.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

My wife just ran into this. The things I mentioned above didn't work for her. The only thing that did work for her when she got into this state was trying a different browser. She was using Chrome, but when she tried Firefox, that worked. I'm not on the team that handles this part of the website, but I'll see what I can do to escalate the issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cstaber wrote:The only thing that did work for her when she got into this state was trying a different browser.
There is a long-standing issue with church webpages and cookie build-up. We usually advise trying incognito mode, but using a different browser will work too.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”